Do guys still expect their wife to cook & clean for them?

I'm talking of scenerio where wife isn't financially dependent on them.

1|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Most of us have learned how to fend for ourselves because women expect to share household duties whether she works or not, or they just simply don't have those life skills.

One of the many reasons marriage is no longer a benefit at all to men. I pay my own bills, cook for myself, clean, do laundry, do all the yardwork... and none of that would change if I got married, so why bother? The only value the average woman has is sex, and she'll only do that on her own terms, even to the point of withholding as punishment. I'm not risking everything I've worked for just to get married.

0|1
    0|1
  • No, I wouldn't expect that from my wife when I get married. I have a maid who cooks and cleans now but. Even if I couldn't afford one I still wouldn't expect my wife to do it, that is if she is also working...

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• If both are working the household duties should be split up among both partners. Whoever of both likes to cook or is better at it is free to do so. If only one of them is working the other one should take care of (most of) the household.
    I do really enjoy to cook but I would get mad if anyone would expect it of me just because I'm a woman.

0|0
    0|0
  • I can only speak for what my parents do. My dad does most of the cooking (though my mother also does some). She does some of the cleaning, but (as middle class americans tend to do) we have cleaning ladies come, so she doesn't do very much at all. My sister and I also pitch in.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 60

• Why not? If a guy has a career he's already focusing on that and usually he doesn't need another person with a career but someone who's ctually supportive and appreciates what the guy is offering and gives back by taking care of him that's a lot more attractive.
    Women often seem to think men find the same things attractive as they do.
    If a woman has a important career she thinks now she's a lot more attractive but that's not the case. Guys are not looking for someone with status and money. So the question is what are you offering in the relationship besides your vagina? Women have a lot of expectations and standards but they don't think about what they're actually offering, usually it's nothing.
    So that's why you see all these career women asking where the good men are and complaining. You're not offering men anything but you expect only the best. They're delusional, so they lie to themselves and tell themselves they're too great of a person and all the men are intimidated etc. That's what you hear all the time but it's just a escape from reality, the last escape.

It's funny how women always think they're too good for most guys and they only deserve the best but if a guy has some things he wants it's a problem lol. Keep thinking that way and you'll also be one of the depressed, bitter and desperate women. Women try to emotionally manipulate and shame people into giving them what they want constantly but you can't force someone to find you attractive or be with you. That's why there's so many lonely women cause that's the only thing they can't get by complaining (not that they haven't tried ).

0|0
    1|0
    • Those career women have a lot to offer to, depends on what the foolish guy they've chosen demands instead of accepting what he gets & that's a totally different issue. If you think appreciating what you have, that is a career, can only be done by "taking care" of you poor grown up kids then that's your personal view & preference, good for you. Regarding career women thinking "Where are good men", that's a very reasonable issue because men with such a mindset, who think those career women have nothing to offer obviously ain't their choice nor do they deserve such men. "Women emotionally manipulate people" That's an absurd generalisation, I wonder what makes you think that whole world revolves around getting a man... & Regarding me being depressed and desperate in future? I don't have to explain anything to you & I'll let you assume what makes you happy 😙

• "Expect" is probably the wrong word. I'm gonna go with "Prefer". I already cook and clean because I live alone, but there are situations when I don't have enough time, tired or want something different/unique. I would highly appreciate to have a woman help me out in those situations. She doesn't always have to cook and clean. She has the right to make her own decisions and live her own life. But playing a traditional role would be best.

0|0
    0|0
  • I feel like household tasks should be divided equally. Perhaps the wife does her fair share of other tasks and the husband can then fulfill his half by cooking and cleaning.

So, overall, no expectations for either role to do any specific task, but there is an expectation to be fair and equal workers.

1|1
    0|0
  • I require women to submit to me in every way, shape, and form.

0|1
    2|1
  • I do not, beacuse I do the cooking and cleaning for the most part

1|1
    0|1
  • We can cook and clean together. And raise our kid together. Deal?

1|0
    0|0
  • well not for them... you're cooking for yourself too just adding in a portion for your other
    it goes both way... if you're making a sandwich its nice to make one for me too and I would do the same... sometimes no... but most of the times ya

usually its women that cook cause guys are usually busy with other stuff... like I have a friend that is always doing repairs on the house, other labour intensive work, gardening...

so naturally she cooks...

0|0
    0|0
  • I live in an equal opportunities household. We both do our share of the chores, sometimes we do more than out share, but that's ok. When chores are shared, it leaves more free time for each other.
    I'd lose respect for myself if i left chores to my better half.

0|0
    0|0
  • We do chours together, i am a chef so 80%of cooking is done by me. The wife has skills too but not as much as me. If she is too tired or sick so am doing everything at home and the same goes for her if am sick.

0|0
    0|0
  • I already own my own home. Bought and paid for all in cash. No mortgage. What else can she do for me as in bringing something to the table besides sex and good conversation and wisdom which she will get that in return from me. Nothing so yes I do expect her to cook and clean for me because she'll be moving into my home not the other way around

0|0
    2|0
  • No. I'm capable of looking after myself, and contributing to the running of the household, which ever chores that may be.

1|0
    0|0
  • Chores should be shared, same for work, cooking and cleaning.
    However, if she got ridiculously high standards for cooking or cleaning, then she can increase her part voluntarily, to meet these standards.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sometimes yes sometimes not. Because I'm a cook, I can cook myself but I also want my wife to be capable of something.

0|2
    0|0
  • In this day & age.. Hell naw.. LOL.. Not that I care about that..

1|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't expect it in general, especially if she has her own job. If she doesn't work then it's just kinda like, "what else do you have to do that you can't at least take care of our house?"

0|1
    0|0
  • If we're both working then there's no reason why we wouldn't split responsibility around the house.
    But yes, my woman gotta know how to cook.

0|0
    0|0
  • I do expect a wife to know how to cook and be willing to clean. But it's not like I won't help out in either of those departments.

2|0
    1|0
  • If I work and she doesn’t then yes. If she works and I don’t then I should do it. If we both work then we split it up. Simple as that 😁

1|0
    0|0
  • I am not but if i was a married man, i would expect them. Why shouldn't i expect? She also can want me doing them. A husband and wife can cook and clean for each other. That's pretty normal.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't want such things, I want her to go shoulder to shoulder with me

1|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 12

• Depends on the dynamics of the relationship I guess relationships should be 50/50 so if a guy expects a wife to fulfill traditional female household roles then a girl should expect him to fulfill traditional male household roles.

0|0
    0|0
  • If both parties and partners are working, everyone should pitch in to help here. If she is home all day, she has a responsibility of her own while her husband is out making the living for the both of them.

0|0
    0|0
  • LOL I feel sorry for any guy that still thinks that

2|0
    0|0
  • It depends on the type of marriage you have. If it’s a traditional one then yes... but that’s becoming less common. In a modern marriage they split the duties based on what they prefer to do

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes , i know this kid who is a sophomore who says he wants to get a girlfriend who will make a sandwich for him and cook and clean

1|0
    0|0
  • I think if both the man and the woman work, they should participate equally in chores and housework.

0|1
    0|1
  • My fiance is a better cooker and cleaner than I am.

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends on the guy but to be honest most people my age can't cook or do laundry. I hope to god my future husband isn't like that.

0|0
    0|0
  • I most certainly will never be a slave or a skivvy to anyone, let alone just a man.

0|0
    0|1
  • They think wives are like second mothers

4|0
    0|1
  • Only true love can make it happen.

0|1
    0|0
  • Quite a few still do yes.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes