Do guys still expect their wife to cook & clean for them?

I'm talking of scenerio where wife isn't financially dependent on them.

1462

Most Helpful Guys

• Most of us have learned how to fend for ourselves because women expect to share household duties whether she works or not, or they just simply don't have those life skills.

One of the many reasons marriage is no longer a benefit at all to men. I pay my own bills, cook for myself, clean, do laundry, do all the yardwork... and none of that would change if I got married, so why bother? The only value the average woman has is sex, and she'll only do that on her own terms, even to the point of withholding as punishment. I'm not risking everything I've worked for just to get married.

• No, I wouldn't expect that from my wife when I get married. I have a maid who cooks and cleans now but. Even if I couldn't afford one I still wouldn't expect my wife to do it, that is if she is also working...

Most Helpful Girls

• If both are working the household duties should be split up among both partners. Whoever of both likes to cook or is better at it is free to do so. If only one of them is working the other one should take care of (most of) the household.
    I do really enjoy to cook but I would get mad if anyone would expect it of me just because I'm a woman.

• I can only speak for what my parents do. My dad does most of the cooking (though my mother also does some). She does some of the cleaning, but (as middle class americans tend to do) we have cleaning ladies come, so she doesn't do very much at all. My sister and I also pitch in.