Why does it take years for some guys to confess to you that they like you?

There’s a few guys that I met a few years ago, hung out with them a few times and lost contact with them. Years later, suddenly they message me online telling me their feelings for me but I usually have moved on.

I get that it takes courage to say that but why wait years to say something?

747

Most Helpful Guys

• The reason for this is that guys don't believe that the person or hanging out with truly has feelings for them back so they won't bring it up or they put themselves will not realize that they like you until years later and so they'll just let you know just for the sake of let you know and if you just happen to be free or willing to give them a chance then they're cool with that as well but it's usually just hey I just realized I liked you and etcetera

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
  • The guys lack confidence, and they've made you to be super-important to them, and they're afraid if they ask you out and you reject them, that your relationship will essentially be over (and they're not wrong). So, they admire you from a distance and stay in the Friend Zone even though they desperately would like to escape it.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• I recently had my guy friend say to me “I’ve always cared about you” and it’s driving me nuts if that was a confession or not?

But most guys are scared of feelings. And if you’re friends, it makes it a bit harder!

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE