Should I be mad at him?

So, I have a crush on a co-worker who has been flirting with me for a few weeks now. He was going to a party and some of my friends were going too (they don't know each other). And he asked me "what are you doing tonight?" And I said "I don't know. Why?" And he said "Come to *party's name* for a moment". But he didn't speak in a casual tone, he sounded as if he was pleading and then I said "I'm sorry, but I don't think I'll be going".
Later I changed my mind and texted him "So, I'm coming to the party". He was online at least 3 times but didn't open my chat so the text didn't appear as read and he didn't reply to me. I ended up not going to the party because I was tired and really needed to sleep and the decision to go was kind of an impulse.
See, I didn't need him as my friends were at the party but if he wanted me to go so badly why didn't he even reply to my text?
I'll be seeing him at work tomorrow. How should I act? I'm don't want to get mad at him 'cause I don't get mad over petty things like this and we're not even dating. But the truth is, this kind of situation even between friends would be a little... upsetting. And besides I don't want him to think I'm some kind of idiot who doesn't mind being ignored. Because he's extremely good looking. Like REALLY good looking so, he's used to being treated as a prince. But I'm not doing it and I want him to know. So, should I act a little bit colder than usual? Should I just pretend that nothing happened? What should I do?
Should I be mad at him?
1
1