Why does he ask for more and more pictures but never wants to hang out anymore?

I have this guy friend that I was hanging out with. I started having feelings for him. He found out and started acting distant and flaking out last minute on plans to hang out. I told him that I wasn't going to waste any more time on someone who didn't seem interested in me the same way as I was for him (I wanted to be his girlfriend). I didn't contact him anymore and he didn't initiate contact either. That was 4 months ago. Recently he has started talking to me again. We'll be in the middle of a text conversation and he'll ask for a picture of me. Once I send him one, he always asks for more pictures. He does this every time we text. I was thinking that maybe he misses me as a friend and that's why he keeps asking for so many pictures. When I've suggested hanging out again, he took forever to respond and then said he was too tired from work to hang out. I don't understand. I remember he had 100's of pictures of me saved on his phone and computer for whatever reason. Why does he want more? What's the point?
4
1