Issues in a long distance relationship. minor or major?

we’ve been together for 9 months and we spend every day and night together. im visiting my family for 2 months. they live in another country. though it’s not for long, i guess you could say i’m not used to being apart from him so it’s hard on me. we agreed to update whereabouts, mainly when we’re home after heading out, before heading to bed and the following morning. he does all that but because of the different time zone, i head to bed before he does. when i wake up in the morning it’s nice to see a goodnight text knowing the time he went to bed at. but he stopped 2 nights ago... and it’s only been 4 days since i left. i got upset and we fought over it. talked about it, got over it and thought we were cool but it happened again last night. just makes me feel like he doesn’t give a fuck. i know he’s just at home doing his own things and this isn’t about trust because he hasn’t given me a reason to doubt the trust i have in him. it’s more of consistency and when someone says something i expect them to stick to it especially if it’s my partner. he knows all these. so am i wrong to feel upset? how do i get around this? should i forgo the whole updating whereabouts thing and fuck it and go with the flow or? i’m just unhappy with his attitude. don’t get me wrong, we’re happy together and we’re both on the same page in this relationship. i just need advice and thoughts as to why he’s behaving this way. he does everything else but a goodnight text and i don’t understand why. besides him, am i being too petty or sensitive? how do i fix this if talking about it doesn’t even help...
Issues in a long distance relationship. minor or major?
Add Opinion