Is it normal for guys to get super interested the second they meet you and start full on hitting you and talking about how he'll make you his gf?

After just a quick introduction and few words:

"Wow! I'm crazy about you!
You single? Seriously? You have no idea how interested I am in you!
I've never met a girl like you! You're like the cutest, most eccentric, interesting person all in one! Wow!
There's something very special about you, you seem like just the kind of overly cute, stunningly beautiful geek girl I've always dreamed about!
How old are you?
What do you want from a man?
You're the kinda girl I'd pin down in a second. I'm sure you'd make an amazing girlfriend"

And by the way, I'm from a culture where people are very slow to get to know strangers and take time to warm up to other people, so this is something that doesn't usually happen to, well, any of my friends (can't say the same about myself, but I'm the weird one), so:
What the heck did just happen?
11
0