Are men less emotional than women or they don't show emotions often due to society?

• Men are less emotional than women.
  • It is due to society. Men have to bottle the emotions up.
  • The mix of A and B.
    Vote C
  • Men are more emotional than women.
    Vote D
  • I don't think men have emotions!
    Vote E
  • Others.
    Vote F

36158

Most Helpful Guys

• Men focus on the world around them.
    Women focus on whats going on in there heads.
    Proof:
    " i feel -"
    " i have all these thing going through my head."
    " i felt like"
    All this is from the mind.

Now its not society per say that men dont show there emotions. It when men dont get anywhere with women when they do.

Countless of times i seen with my eyes women avoids a guys emotional side like plague. Deals with it only if he's really attractive. He shunned, teased, and called a bitch by mostly women. Ill tell you story if i had to but its women who make it hard for guys to do so.

• Men are taught from an early age to show less emotion. They develop a way of compartmentalization to deal with certain situations. They are supposed to be strong willed and show power in the face of adversity.
    Some do it better than others. Some compartmentalize too much and become a wreck, or blow up at the smallest thing.
    It's not they are less emotional, its just in how they deal with it is different than women.
    That said, some women are capable of compartmentalizing their emotions as well. It's somewhat less common though amongst women as they are not really taught that at an early age. Movies, television shows, and games for girls pretty much teach how to work through the emotion.
    Television shows, movies, and games for boys are "suck it up, blow them up, we have a job to do, deal with that crap later."

• You're absolutely right, but where did that idea come from? Evolutionary biology makes the most sense as to the cause.

• @Elizzie I would say it comes from cave man days. When men hunted for food, and women tended to the kids.
      Some men of the tribe probably got killed hunting for meat. The others could not stop hunting to mourn the loss because the tribe would starve.
      During the warring period, men fought in armies to expand land, or protect their lands. Again, they could not stop the battles. They mourned after the war was won or lost. In the mean time they took the grief and turned it to anger against the enemy.
      This next bit has been proven. Babies pick up on a mothers feelings. Ever see a mother be sad (not crying) and the baby just start crying after looking at the mom?
      Also, during cave days. Women consoled each other and helped each other work through emotions. This somewhat still happens today. Woman at office is crying, everyone goes to her aid.
      Man cries at office. He gets "suck it up buttercup."

Most Helpful Girls

• I've never dated anyone thats openly expressed how they feel.
    My brother dosent talk about how he feels either, My dad when he was a young boy stopped recieving cuddles and kisses at the age of 8, and overheard his father talking to his mum saying "He needs to man up, how will he handle school, You need to stop babying him"

I do think men are a bit less emotionless than us over dramatic women, but they still have emotions and some are very very deep but they don't share them, and when they do it creates arguments and has you asking why didn't you tell me sooner?

Of course It's Society and Parenting as horrible as it is, I know this is childish but I was talking about my teddy the other day with my boyfriend, I asked him about his and he said he threw it into the back of his closet because one of his dad saw and made a fool out of him.

Maybe it is just me but, Guys I like someone who can open up tell me how they feel, when they're hurt, jealous or in doubt it helps prevent arguments, if you can't communicate and tell us how you're feeling we're left guessing, Having a teddy or admitting to having one dosent make you less of a man, admitting to feelings like jealousy and anxiety dosent make you weird or boyish, it makes you human we are meant to feel these emotions.

I know I will raise my boys to understand its okay to have a teddy or to express emotion just as much as us over dramatic women do.

• Men are more emotional than women.

• @Kaytiee You've got the right idea

• Generally, I think men are more rational where women are more emotional.
    I don’t think men lack emotion but I think it might take more to get an emotional response out of them whereas women are ready to express themselves emotionally at the drop of a hat.
    Of course there are exceptions to “the rule”.
    I’m basically emotionally retarded. I don’t do well with expressing myself emotionally or showing emotion except to a select few people and I once dated a guy that would cry over anything and EVERYTHING, to the point it actually sort of embarrassed me.