Does he have any interest in me?

So basically my ex and I broke up a few years ago and didn’t talk the whole time. I decided to message a few weeks ago to make sure there were no hard feelings and that he didn’t hate me. He was nice about it and we messaged for a bit but over time his texts became very dry and hostile so I left him alone. A few days ago he messaged me out of the blue asking how I am even though there’s no reason to. We talked about his future/ work plans and he seemed really excited talking about it. I tried diverting the conversation away from work-related things because it became repetitive with him showing off about his job and goals but his texting became dry again. I felt like I was the only one asking questions and trying to continue it so I ignored the conversation. Why did he message me again? And why does he seem so uninterested when I try to talk about fun/ exicting things to lighten things up? Does he have any interest in talking to me? My friends mentioned he stares at me a lot and acts differently around me but he always gets more hostile over time as he texts me.
Does he have any interest in me?
Add Opinion