Why would a guy who's not your boyfriend get jealous when he sees you talking to another guy?

I was just smiling at and waving at this guy friend of mine and then we were talking so I don't know why my classmate got jealous.
Updates:
My classmate has been acting like he has a crush on me for a long time. Yesterday, he saw me talking to this guy who's in a different class. We met after a long time and we were waving and smiling at each other in class. My classmate was watching us the whole time. After class got over me and my friend were talking to each other alone outside our college building.

My classmate was with his friend and when he saw us, he walked over to us and stood near me and kept talking to his friend.
While I was talking to my friend, my classmate interrupted me and said "Why are you ignoring us today?" (The friend he was with is a mutual friend of ours).

I said I wasn't and that my friend and I had met each other after a long time so we were just catching up. He said nothing and continued to stand near me and kept talking our mutual friend. He kept doing this the whole time me and my friend talked. After he left, my classmate asked me "Do you guys go home together?" I said no lol
I didn't have enough space in the update box lol but there's more to it. I found his question odd and it didn't make any sense, he knows I go home alone and he's seen me go alone several times so I don't why he asked me that 😅

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Well in this type of situation the context is most important. If you two have had sex, biologically you are married. After sex you release oxytocin the bonding molecule but after a woman has slept around she can no longer bond and she will flirt with many men. Hence “can’t make a ***** into a wife. For the man he releases vasopressin which makes him possessive over his woman. Now most women are offfended that a man feels possessive over you but if a man did not feel responsible for you if danger came he wouldn’t care just as a promiscuous woman is emotionally numb to pairbonding.

1|0
    1|0
  • LOL sounds like he likes you or has a secret crush on you that he hasn't been able to express to you because of fear that you'd get uncomfortable around him and then THERE GOES THE FRIENDSHIP. This is classic behavior of underlying feelings for someone that guys do and don't know or aren't aware they show.

1|0
    0|0
    • I didn't have enough space in the update box lol but there's more to it. I found his question odd and it didn't make any sense, he knows I go home alone and he's seen me go alone several times so I don't why he asked me that 😅

• Show All
    • No not at all. He's not a close friend.

• Well then that makes it even more odd how he tries so hard to get your attention when around or talking to other males. He plays it off by inviting other friends along, but he's making sure he's in your face or a distraction between you and other guys. Maybe it's not SO serious, but it sounds like he likes you more than just a friend with these actions. Or he's really looking out for you.

Most Helpful Girls

• He might like you... actually he most definitely likes you

1|1
    0|0
    • How can you say "definitely" ?

• Ok well It’s just seems like he likes you.. my opinion doesn’t mean I’m right

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 47

• He may have feelings for you, he may be protective of you, or he's crazy for you lol

1|0
    0|0
    • Did you read the updates?

• Show All
    • Also how can I tell which one it is?

• I don't know, I'm just guessing, though now I think it should've said psycho instead of crazy lol

• My guess is, shy introvert with no social skills whatsoever with massive crush on you. Tried lightly, could be your knight in shining armour, could be Charlie Manson's second cousin!!! Either way, he's not gonna have the stones to open the lines of communication so you might as well corner him, in a public setting of course, and get some Intel on this guy before he make a bigger fool of himself next time he gets jealous. Maybe you'll get lucky and find yourself a socially awkward sir lancelot.

1|0
    0|0
  • I think it's more normal for a guy to get jealous if he isn't your boyfriend, because when he's your boyfriend, he assume you love him, but while he isn't, he is competing with the rest of the guys for becaming your boyfriend, therefore it's normal he get jealous about every evidence of you are more interested on another guy.

0|0
    0|0
  • He directly wants her to be his girlfriend and if she doesn't like her also, he is not capable of accepting that.

0|0
    0|0
  • That guy likes the woman and is working up the courage to eventually make a move on her. He becomes jealous when he sees another man threatening to take that potential opportunity away from him.

0|0
    0|0
  • He wants you but since he's not your boyfriend that's going a bit far. If he doesn't want to be in a relationship he's probably trying to use you by be jealous and keeping other guys away

0|0
    0|0
  • He's acting like that because he wants to be special to you. If that means boyfriend, well I'm sure he'll give it away in some way shape or form. (Watch his reactions to certain comments)

0|0
    0|0
  • If he likes you he will get jealous, just like if you had a crush on a guy and he started talking to heaps of girls other than you wouldn't you be a bit jealous?

0|0
    0|0
  • Dude still is crushing on you. You need to put an end either the friendship or make it explicitly clear that he gets no say in what you choose to do in your relationships.

0|0
    0|0
  • He may have a little crush on you. but he is not telling you.. so he feel jealous.. or he wants to move with u. but he is hesitating feeling him jealous

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 8

• He likes you definetly

1|1
    0|0
    • How can you say "definitely" ?

• Because men are always possessive about what they're interested in even if he showed not that attention you can still get his acts

• He has a crush on you

1|1
    0|0
  • He likes u

0|1
    0|0
  • Because he wants to be your boyfriend

0|1
    0|0
  • Becuz he likes u

0|1
    0|0
  • Maybe he likes you

0|1
    0|0
  • Cause he don’t want to be in your friend zone.

0|1
    0|0
  • Probably a crush

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes