Should I be worried or say something to my boyfriend about his Instagram use?

My boyfriend seems to only use Instagram to look and follow gurl my age around me (not inst models). Obv he follows friends and a few boys. But he has never posted anything on it so he may as well look single to everyone that goes on his page. I don’t mind him following girls but I saw a pic he screenshoted from insta of a girl in a bikini and another one of her friend pushing up her boobs then another one of a girl in a Bikini. I know of these girls they aren’t famous or anything. It made me feel shit and I wondered why the hell does he have these photos? Did he send them to a chat or does he just look at them all the time
  • Yes
  • No

5590

Most Helpful Guys

• Honestly from my experience on Instagram all it is for is memes, pictures of animals and pictures of half naked women. That's it. Just because he is looking at and saving pictures doesn't mean anything. He's with you and that's what matters. Now if he is messaging these girls and stuff that can be a big issue. Honestly ask him why to see what he says. Also tell him you want him to post more pics on there especially of you two together, that shouldn't be that big of a request and he should easily oblige. If he refuses then odds are something is up and you should be more worried.

• Yea that’s another thing he never posts anything and there’s no pics of us together

• I said yes.
    One because it's a dick thing to do when in a relationship. I like beautiful women as much as the next heterosexual male. But, I'm not going to seek out photo's of them on the internet, and save them. That's just wrong.

Two, because you are being affected by it. You should not be uncomfortable in a relationship. You have every right to bring it up.

Hope everything works out. Wish you the best.

Most Helpful Girls

• My ex used to do things like this, I felt extremely insecure the whole time. I think you need to talk to him about this. If someone calls you insecure, and tells you that you are overreacting, ignore them. This issue may not bother them, but it bothers YOU (and that is all that matters). If he doesn’t stop, or you two can’t find a compromise, I’d suggest dating someone else. Be with a man who doesn’t have time for these activities (my new boyfriend never does anything like this, and I’ve never felt more secure or trusting of a man).

I think you need to talk to him. But, don’t accuse him of anything - just talk :)

• I love this answer. People are so quick to call others insecure when they don't know you at all. Those people who are all so carefree and let there partners do whatever are probably getting cheated on constantly 😑 so I'll stay "insecure" as they call it thanks haha.

• In my opinion, I’ve noticed that the people that are not bothered by this behavior are often partaking in the same behavior. I personally find it rude and disrespectful. I know we are human, and humans tend to notice attractive people from time to time - totally normal! However, people must also be mindful of their behavior online. I know people claim social media is “just” social media, but we have to be mindful of how our actions can be perceived (i. e., many people are denied jobs because of their social media activity - the same applies to relationships!! Be cautious of what you do!).

• No, the relationship is about the time you spend together, not his Instagram account. A lot of people like to look up hot pics or videos online, that isn't cheating.

• I know it’s not cheating but he has them saved to his phone that’s why I was annoyed