What is with this man? Player?

There's this guy who was my friend. He knew I had feelings for him (I came right out and told him) and he said he liked me but didn't want a relationship or anything serious. I did so I cut contact with him. He came back around after a couple months and started getting flirty with me, talking sexual. I made it clear to him that he wasn't going to get any sex from me unless he wants to be in a relationship with me because I'm looking for a relationship, not a casual booty call. He said that he understood and was willing to wait to have sex with me. I was amazed at how different he behaved towards me. He actually treated me with respect when I seen him again, instead of a horn dog and acted like the perfect gentleman. He kept blowing up my phone with texts about how beautiful and intelligent I am, wanting to hear about my day, etc. He wouldn't respond when I asked him about his day or how he was doing, just turned it back to focusing on me. We were supposed to go on a date but he gave such a vague answer. Now he has gone ghost on me and hasn't responded to my texts. I didn't send him anything other than a, "Hi :) How are you doing?". I'm trying not to be annoying by contacting too much because I know that can turn guys off so after 2 tries of contacting him with no response, I gave up. It's been 2 weeks now of silence from him. I feel like if he was interested he would've responded by now. I'm not going to try to contact him again. The weird thing is he keeps checking my social media pages. Why would he do that? Is he just a player?
What is with this man? Player?
Add Opinion