Why did this guy kiss me on the cheek to say goodbye?

i know in france its really common to kiss people on the cheek etc. but the other day this guy i have a thing for at work who is french and has lived not in france for 3 years kissed me on both cheeks to say goodbye. i was really startled cause i have said bye to him before and he hasn't done this so found it a bit weird. any ideas as to why a guy would do this?

13

Most Helpful Guy

• You should ask him when you consider it right. Don't make conclusions so early. My experience: I am Latin American and I live in USA. In the first months I made the same mistake with one American girl. I said bye to her but I kissed her on the cheek, just because I thought it was normal (all my life I've done it in Ecuador, and if you don't kiss a woman on the cheek is bad, bad seen. Like if you don't even shake hands, but worse). She then told me that wasn't common in America. I didn't know. I also just wanted to say bye because she is my friend but also a girl and I had no romantic interest. Traditions are very important in Latin America. I know he is French, but you should ask him what he wanted to mean and if you are understanding it right. Best wishes.

• I understand that I just expected that he kinda had already lost some of his french customs from living elsewhere for so long and adapting into other lifestyle. Thank you!

Most Helpful Girl