Why did this guy kiss me on the cheek to say goodbye?

i know in france its really common to kiss people on the cheek etc. but the other day this guy i have a thing for at work who is french and has lived not in france for 3 years kissed me on both cheeks to say goodbye. i was really startled cause i have said bye to him before and he hasn't done this so found it a bit weird. any ideas as to why a guy would do this?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• You should ask him when you consider it right. Don't make conclusions so early. My experience: I am Latin American and I live in USA. In the first months I made the same mistake with one American girl. I said bye to her but I kissed her on the cheek, just because I thought it was normal (all my life I've done it in Ecuador, and if you don't kiss a woman on the cheek is bad, bad seen. Like if you don't even shake hands, but worse). She then told me that wasn't common in America. I didn't know. I also just wanted to say bye because she is my friend but also a girl and I had no romantic interest. Traditions are very important in Latin America. I know he is French, but you should ask him what he wanted to mean and if you are understanding it right. Best wishes.

0|0
    0|0
    • I understand that I just expected that he kinda had already lost some of his french customs from living elsewhere for so long and adapting into other lifestyle. Thank you!

Most Helpful Girl

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

• It’s away of saying good by to a friend in France it’s not uncommon he may still be use to his custom And still does it nothing to be worried about especially since he’s French

0|0
    0|0
  • He probably likes you. we men aren't good with words when it comes to love

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes