Is he just a nice guy, or is it possible he might be showing interest?

So I just started my first year of university, and I am playing on my schools basketball team and running for the cross country team. This guy is also doing both sports so we see each other a lot (no classes together tho, he is in his third year). Last Saturday we had a race that we took a bus to and he sat in front of me. We chatted quite a bit on the way there. On the way back we stopped at a gas station for a break. He bought two gatorades and a bag of candies. He offered me one of the gatorades and shared the candies on the bus...
Okay so then today (Saturday) we had a race in our city. At the end I was sitting outside one of the school buildings (waiting for a ride) and he came and asked me if I needed a ride home. I live in a town about half an hour from the city so I told him that. He still said he would totally do it.
On our way there, he went through a drive through and he bought me a coffee and doughnut (he asked if I wanted anything to eat and I said no, but he got it anyways which was super nice). We chatted the whole way there then (except there were a couple of quiet moments just listening to the radio)

Basically my question is, does it sound like he is just a super sweet and awesome guy, or is it possible he might be showing interest... I don’t want to just assume either way, so what do you think?

11