Is it normal for two straight guys to sleep in the same bed?

My boyfriend had a friend over to hang out and he ended up staying the night and he said they always sleep in the same bed when they stay at each other’s house. They’ve been friends since they were kids. I told my boyfriend i think it’s weird and it makes me uncomfortable. He has a couch one of them could sleep on but they still choose to sleep in the same bed. This bothers me and he says I’m overreacting. Do I have a right to be upset over this? And if so, how should I go about addressing the situation?

0|1

Most Helpful Guys

• you're over reacting. It's normal. It highly depends on the level of friendship they have.

Like, see

I slept with my father , brother, cousin (male) , mother, grandfather , aunt and even grandmother.

I have slept with starangers (men and women)

I am a Virgin.

It's just sleeping.

Sex = NOT involved

We DONT touch each other intentionally when we sleep with each other.

Most of the time. It's just ADJUSTMENT.

For example, when my grandfather came over to our house as a guest. We made special arrangements for them. We granted them double size bed. I slept with my father for two days.

What's the problem girl. It's just an ADJUSTMENT.

Everyone who took birth has to make some adjustments.
    Adjustment and adaptations is another name of life.

It's just sleeping! What's the problem?

0|0
    0|0
  • It sounds to me like they've got a bit of a brotherly life bond, plutonic and non sexual. It's not something I think is very common but I've shared a bed plenty of times with my two male best friends and nothing was weird or anything. I mean isn't it common for girls to share beds together when they have sleepovers? Personally I don't see the problem but that's just me. I think if it bugs yiu t g at much definitely talk to him about it, even if it's for a bit of reassurance 😊

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Completly normal. Should he make him sleep on the floor? If I have friends over, they sleep in my bed too

0|0
    0|0
    • No but I would assume one of them would sleep on the couch. Also I had planned on staying over that night but he cancelled on me so his friend wouldn’t have to sleep on the couch. Almost makes me feel like he’d rather sleep next to his friend than me

• I think he was just being a good host. The bed is most likely more comfortable.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 13

• You will not like the answer...

You are overreacting, they are best friends since as long they can remember. It's fine for them, they are not getting sexual or anything, they are just sharing a bed, they are like brothers. I've done the same with the few very few friends i have, we share a bed with no problems, nothing sexual, nothing bad happens it's just sharing with the ones we trust, it's normal.

0|0
    0|0
  • Noooooo lol little kids sure they don't care but older kids to adults will not sleep on the same bed unless forced too. Sure there are exceptions but it's mostly no and I'm not sure if you have the right to be upset tbh, I mean as long as they aren't like spooning each other then I'd say you can't do anything but if they do spoon, cuddle, or like touch then sure you can say something and I'd address as calmly as possible, say you are very uncomfortable and you'd like it if they stopped

0|0
    0|0
  • If they've been friends since they were kids, I'd think nothing of it. Just 'cause a guy sleeps in the same bed as a friend, doesn't mean they are gay or kinky. It can simply mean they are very comfortable with each other.

0|0
    0|0
  • When you're prepubescent kids, sure. As an adult I've only slept in the same bed with my father and my brother.

Though I did share a hotel room once with a guy I'd met that day, and the beds were attached with only a few inches of airspace between the mattresses.

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends on how big is the bed. If it's a small bed and he has a couch and they chose to sleep together... lol

0|0
    0|0
  • Over reacting a bit as I remember staying in a place as it was cheaper to have people staying in a hotel sharing then a room each so guys share bed

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends on the circumstances. In this case it seems strange and embarrassing to me.

0|0
    0|0
  • Unless you’re sleeping in the same bed what’s the big deal?

0|0
    0|0
  • I agree, you are overreacting.

0|0
    0|0
  • You could ask to be the lucky pierre.

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 3

• So your boyfriend slept in the bed with another man, while you slept on the couch?

0|0
    0|0
    • No, we don’t live together. I had planned on staying the night with him that night but he told me I couldn’t because his friend wanted to stay over. I assumed I could still come over and my boyfriend and I sleep in the bed and his friend on the couch but my boyfriend said he didn’t want to make his friend sleep on the couch.

• I think you are overreacting a little

0|0
    0|0
  • I’m assuming you weren’t there, and he wasn’t choosing to sleep with him over you? Still wouldn’t surprise me if they do engage in some sorts of sexual acts...

0|0
    2|0
    • No I wasn’t there. I had actually planned on staying over but he said I couldn’t because of his friend sleeping over and he didn’t want to make him sleep on the couch

• Wow, I would bet their relationship isn’t platonic.

Recommended myTakes