Can someone analyze the tone of this text message between this guy and I?

So it’s between this guy I like who asked for my number a couple of months ago and we flirted and exchanged a couple of flirty texts a while ago. Things got a bit hot and cold for a while and we didn’t text for a while but I was still seeing him at the gym. Suddenly he wasn’t showing up at the gym for like 10 days which is so unlike him. So I decided to text him this

“hey haven’t seen you in a while... you good?”

He responded saying:

“Hey! Thanks for asking! No I’m all good I was just away for a business trip”

But I never responded cause I didn’t know what to say but I saw him the following day and it all went well.

Was he being dry with me?

38