A guy whom I have started seeing recently told that he wants to be alone and does not want to speak to anyone. please see details. What can I do?

A guy whom I started dating recently has been behaving different. We are not officially dating but getting to know each other..
He says he likes me a lot and doesn't want to loose me..
The other day wen we were texting he said wants to be left alone and doesn't want to talk to anyone. He is a loner and likes to speak less.
Then the next day he told me how much he misses me and tat I am always on his mind. He knows he is behaving unusual because he is not in a good state mentally. I tried to ask him but he didn't tell me.. so I didn't insist further.
He just said he wants me to come back and wants a hug. I work in a different city.
I told him I will be coming home and then he started making plans about our meet but then again after texting for a while he said doesn't want to speak to anyone.. once again I tried to know he didn't tell me..
So I asked him if he is avoiding me.. to which he replied no.. and he is avoiding everyone in general. He continues to like my pics on FB and all..
Now I don't understand that what's going on with him..
Should I just leave him alone? Or try to know what's bothering him..
I don't want to sound crazy..
Please advice..
3
1