Guys, if a girl is not addicted, is smoking still a dealbreaker for you?

I mostly smoke when I go out with my friends or sometimes it happens at home too. I can tell I am smoking around 10 times per week.

Would it still be a huge dealbreaker to you?
Updates:
I want to clear that I never smoke like feeling for stress relief. I am just smoking it like after drinking a coffee or for something on that moment I just wanted to do it.

How much smoking few times on day is more harmful than drinking a red wine during a dinner or going to a bar or club and being drunk on that night?

I feel there is bias against smoking and we are already giving damage to our bodies in many other ways already.
I do hate when smoking is addicted, my father is doing too and I know it is very unhealthy in that way. I think if a person has a good willpower, there isn't anything wrong to smoke sometimes.

0|4

Most Helpful Guys

• Lol you are like me
    But now I am down to one cigarette every two days
    No smoking is never a deal breaker, but I would rather have her quit with me, as I would care for our future home to be smoke free place at least, maybe we will share the occasional cigarette every week that's it.

1|0
    0|0
    • yes I agree with u, I just like it sometimes and I really have my willpower on it

• Show All
    • I am lol
      I just always try to say no Xd

• Thanks for the Mho dear
      Guys, if a girl is not addicted, is smoking still a dealbreaker for you?

• In Tokyo we'd probably filter out at least a third of the younger population if we filtered out smokers, and well over half if we filtered out drinkers. So many young girls smoke and drink, and the majority of my exes smoked and drinked.

It does appear to become rarer to find smokers as we get older though Most of my friends have quit, for example, around their 30s.

But it was never a deal-breaker in my case. I never noticed much of a scent either, even when kissing, but tobacco in Japan is definitely much milder in smell (not in tar/nicotine) than American tobacco. A lot of it is imported from Turkey to my knowledge. I compared the scent though to American tobacco one time and it's such a world of difference. In America I once went to a bar that had smoking and when I came home, I could smell the smoke all over my clothes: it was that strong even though only a few people in the bar were smoking. Whereas with Japanese girls, I never even noticed a difference between kissing a smoker and non-smoker.

As for health, I'd still favor the slim ones who cycles 2 hours a day and eats reasonably healthy but smokes and drinks now and then to the one that's completely out of shape, never exercises, and eats junk food on a regular basis. I'd also bet on the former one to typically outlive the latter.

1|1
    0|0
    • you know all these cultures and knowledge about countries by the spy stuff, don't u?
      very great answer by the way, thank u! I completely agree with u and I am not smoking a lot

Most Helpful Girls

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 38

• I’m reluctant to call it a dealbreaker, but I don’t imagine I could be with someone that smokes. Smoking damages the body and if you’re having children, something bad can be passed onto them. Second hand smoke is also dangerous, so I can’t have her smoking anywhere around me or others. It’s just bad overall and there’s no benefit to it, that something like exercise, yoga, Pilates, etc. can’t solve. I’d get her to stop and if she wouldn’t, I’d have to leave.

1|1
    0|0
    • What if she is drinking sometimes, beer, vodka or others maybe?
      Sometimes I am not even smoking like 2-3 days, but I smoke 2-3 times when I go out on that night. It depends on my mood, just cigarette surely

• Show All
    • haha nothing nvm, I'll keep ur suggestions in my mind

• Smoking is never a dealbreaker for me. But im not gonna lie and say its rather unattractive in girls.
    Dont ask me why. It just is. Girls can smoke all they want, i dont care. But smoking is more of a "masculine" and manly thing. It doesn't really suit the feminine nature.

But i never ever disliked a girl for smoking, and i never considered dropping my date or girlfriend for being a smoker, even though i dont smoke myself. Its seriously one of the last things i would complain about.

1|1
    0|0
    • And let me add to that, every guy who says its a deal breaker, is a lier. If a guy is in love with a girl, he's never going to drop her because of smoking cigarettes. I know it, i have seen it

• I like it after a coffee or beer sometimes, if I am just in the mood with friends I may smoke 2-3 times on that day but not smoke on the others. When I said I smoke like 10 times, it wasn't like at least one per days.

• I'm not really a fan of smoking, and most people that smoke and say they aren't addicted are actually addicted as hell but they are just lying to themselves about it. I don't really know if it would be a dealbreaker though

1|0
    0|0
    • Mine is like there r lots of times I am not even smoking like 2-3 days, but when I go out if I am in the mood and I just wanted to, I can smoke 2-3 times on that day

• its not a dealbreaker, but its something I certainly wouldn't enjoy... The taste when kissing is horrible and the smell isn't appealing either. But its your life, do what you want to do 😋

1|0
    0|0
    • I am very sensitive about smells and I care about a lot to not be having disgusting smoking smell, but I do smoke from time to time

• Show All
    • agreed, nothings worse then bad hygiene

• I'd say so, or at least hope they have a willingness to quit. Smoking is bad for them, everyone around them, and it stinks

1|0
    0|0
  • I want a girl who is intelligent and any girl who is not addicted and continues to smoke is obviously not intelligent enough for me.

1|0
    0|2
    • If she is just smoking it like after coffee or something, how much harmful it is than drinking wine on a dinner?

• I don't drink very often and I only have one drink when I do drink. There are beneficial effects from drinking one glass of wine per day. I have never seen any reports of beneficial effects of smoking.

AND if you smoke even just one cigarette, then kissing you will be like licking an ashtray.

• well I can't deny that.
      who loves me loves my dog

• i dont mind smoking, i was a smoker for 10years, thats not a deal breaker. if you think about it i'd advice to try vaping, its not stinky and less addictive. i stopped smoking by that

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes. I hate smoking, I am completely against it, but that's just my personal opinion. People who are doing it probably know what are they doing to themselves. I can just that if you are a smoker only bad things can happen.

1|0
    0|0
  • Well I think so. My grandpa died because of smoking. My other grandpa is now sick because of smoking, my father was sick because of smoking and don't want to stop smoking so I really don't want the same being repeated to my girl or wife. But if she really rarely smoke it's ok

1|1
    0|0
  • Nonsmokers are much preferred. Smoking makes you stink and kissing a smoker is like licking an ashtray.

I used to smoke and I'm glad I don't any more. I can't help but think "Damn, *I* used to be that stinky damn smoker that stinks up the area".

1|0
    0|1
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 3

• Not a guy, but it’d be a dealbreaker for me since it’s costly and just not good for you. And being asthmatic, having a smoker near me would be an issue.

1|0
    0|0
    • For my friends who have allergy or things like asthama I totally avoid smoking. It is like a salt into the soup for me. While drinking a coffee or beer, I may also smoke after it.

• 100% always a dealbreaker.

1|0
    0|0
    • what about drinking habbits when going out?

• Less of a problem. Smoking is the only issue that affects other people who are nearby. I absolutely despise it.
      Drinking can affect people if you're stupid, like if you go driving. But that's not something that has to happen, because you never have to drive when you're drunk. You always need to blow out smoke when smoking. Drinking causes issues only to the self.

• Smoking makes a person smell yucky.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes