Why are Guys More Violent than Girls?

I Especially want to know why towards girls. Studies have shown that about %80 of violent acts are committed by guys. Just tryna figure out what makes y’all so angry. www.futurelearn.com/.../20256Why are Guys More Violent than Girls?
  • Guys are Violent Creatures
    Vote A
  • I will Explain Why Below
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Women are just as violent as men in relationships or probably more , however they aren't physically strong enough to do damage so it's not really recorded. A CDC report concluded that in 70% of domestic violence cases, it was the woman who hit first. So technically if men didn't hit back... women would be the biggest perpetrators of DV.

Well strength plays the biggest role in violence. I mean most women wouldn't try to rob or start a fight with a random person because they'll get their ass kick. Men on the other hand would take the risk. That's why fathers would go out and rob/ steal for the family ( poor ) and not the mother.

0|3
    1|0
    • We’re nowhere near as violent. And it doesn’t matter about strength if someone is attacked it’s getting documented. Domestic problems with guys were so prevalent that they started naming white shirts wife beaters are you kidding? And that would be dumb to start a random fight. Which is why women are more rational as well good point. That’d be such a dumb risk which is why guys die more every year. And girls on average live longer. And yes poor people doesn’t matter the gender would go steal.

• Show All
    • No response huh?

• It probably ties to the hormones, I would assume higher testosterone makes us more prone to outbursts. That said, any statistics on domestic violence are likely going to be skewed because I doubt most men are reporting every time a woman hits them.

Also, men will be more easily able to hurt the woman than the other way around due to our inherently larger and stronger bodies. What I would be curious to know is how many of those women who were injured in a domestic dispute were the initiators of the dispute.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Testosterone. It is a hormone higher in men that account for more aggressive behavior. Add to that culture that celebrates male aggression, competition and "winning with women" and you have a recipe for disaster.

2|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 9

• Women are more often violent but men are more successful at violence.

0|2
    1|0
    • No we’re not and what do you mean successful? Y’all are more successful at hurting people?

• Yes. When a weak woman huts a man it doesn't hurt him much but when even an average man hits a woman he can really mess her up quite easily.

• Oh pls an attack is an attack simple.

• its not anger. a better word would be agressive. being agressive was necessary for survival (hunting and combat). the reason we still ha e this agrrssion in us is bcs evolution is slower then societal standards. its oir nature. why towards girls. bcs some guys i guess want to feel strong but can't beat up a man. this article is unfair. bcs it treats men as a group which we are not. and fyi. men are more likely to be victims of violence than women. women could help lower that number by learning martial arts to defend themselves

0|0
    1|0
    • So it’s your nature to hurt and rape people? 🤔 smh

• Show All
    • It doesn’t matter what a woman thinks of a man as it is too easy to get one. Also most rapists are men. Everything else u said was irrelevant.

• you're insane

• Lead exposure. And high testosterone levels.
    en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lead–crime_hypothesis

0|0
    0|0
    • There's also the possibility that more males than females are placed in situations where violence is required. Or that males are more likely to respond to violence with violence.

• bull shit. Women are more aggressive,
    Here are some actual facts not some made up BS crap.

0|1
    0|0
  • I see a set of numbers, and there is an indication. There is one other possibly relevant number which isn't mentioned: The number of aggressive situations that do not lead to violence and/or crime. If these 80% of violent men and 20% women make -say- 5% of the overall population, the numbers, statistically, would appear different in magnitude: 4% vs. 1% if I am not wrong. I am not trying to find an excuse here. No matter what equality ideas state: Boys are majorly brought up with different expectations and ''norms'' than girls; things like toughness, strength, power, control, and such. By their MOTHERS as well, by the way. This makes men potentially more prone to ''violent'' attitudes. I also believe to observe that girls/women (in average) are less risk-positive - by nature, so to say- which makes them safer in regard of ''making a mistake''.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nice misandry you got going there

0|1
    1|0
  • 1) Socialization
    2) Testosterone

0|0
    0|0
  • tell that to anti abortionist

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah... we all know that men are the embodiment of Evil on Earth, while women are Angels sent from Heaven to bring Love and Peace...

1|0
    1|0

What Girls Said 2

• They have a lot more testosterones levels and are physically stronger than most women.

1|0
    0|0
    • Why would that mean they would be more violent towards us? That’s basically like saying they’re bullies

• No it's saying that the hormone increases their aggressive behavior and that being stronger increases the ability. The real question is why does this upset you? I know many men that aren't violent and many women who are. Change your circle and it will change your mind. If you are around violent men you'll mistakingly believe all men are but that's false. Hang around better men.

• Testosterone?

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes