Has a guy ever made you feel bad for being easygoing?

Exibit a;

You go on a first date, and the guy asks if you want to sleep over at his place (you politely decline.) The next day he tells you he's happy you didn't stay over because he might have tried to go further then just kissing, and that it was more out of hospitality. (You say you are slow in these things) and he compliments you for holding back.

(True story, happend to me)

Exibit b;

A guy offers to walk with you at night to your neighbourhood (not home.) Then he proceeds to tell you that you're reckless, and that i should be more careful. (True story happend to me.)

Bottomline, why do some guys do this? It really feels like they are just testing how easy you are. It makes me trust them less and less. I have more examples but ill keep it short, any other guys and girls that this happend to?

19

Most Helpful Guy

• In exibit a:
    What most likely happened is that it was indeed just a nice offer, but in hind site he realized what he might have done when tempted in such a situation. He then said that your choice was the right one to assure you that you should change.

In exibit b:
    I will almost always bring a girl to the train or her home when its dark out, both for safety as for manners. But me and my friends know that i have the right intentions, but if somebody just met me they just guessed. He most likely had the right intentions, but afterwards warned you that you should just go with any guy (since you dont know there intentions). If he had said this upfront he would have possibly scared you away. Though i have to admit that there formulations were verry confusing and unclear.

All in all, most guys know what guys (including them selves) are capable of and some will warn you. In exibit a it was a warning over themselves in hind site, in exibit b it was more in general.

I hope this helpes you

• Thanks it really does help! It was weird I've seen that guy only ones and we talked beforehand in the second bus, yes it was winter, yes it was dark, but he just put me down for trusting him, while he offered it to me. which was just weird ahahha

• Hahaha plenty of times hahaha..

• That's rough, but the right thing often is

Most Helpful Girl

• Itโ€™s never happened to me. I really hate this testing thing though, I think itโ€™s bs. Iโ€™ve never deliberately done anything to test a guy.

• Me neither.., i hate it too, I've heard some girls say they test guys just to see if they care about them.

Theyll say things like *yeah i have a date* while in reality they don't...

In my mind, if you are that insecure, he or she is probably not the one. If you ask these quistions you usually already have the anwser. I basically lost all interest in the guy in situation a ๐Ÿ˜‚