Can a man ever just want a friendship from a woman?

I have a best friend who's a man, his name is Mitchell (mitch for short and bitchell if he pisses me off😂) we met at work a year ago and reilsed we both had a lot of common interests, we both like the same music and travelling a lot.

Quickly me and him became good friends and we'd make flirty harmless banter with each other, people joked he liked me but Mitch flirts with every one that's just who he is and puls he has a a long term girlfriend but they constantly brake up and fight.

He gives me lifts home and go pub together sometimes but it's never ever felt romantic between us that's just feels weird even thinking of him in that way, it be like kissing a brother. He even said to me at a party but he's only messing with me when he flirts but everyone else's say he really fancys me and he is very touchy feely with me but I just can't see use ever being together or imagine him feeling that way about me.

We kinda have a when Harry met Sally relationship but I just don't see him in a romantic way nor do I want to.
We even look like Harry and Sally together 😂 but that never happing with us

2087

Most Helpful Guys

• A guy who is in a relationship already and getting his romantic and sexual needs fulfilled can be "just friends" with women. Single men generally cannot, because if a man's top priorities aren't being met (sex, and companionship), then nothing else will matter until they are.

• You get a lot more out of this “friendship” than he does. It sounds like deep down he really likes you but he’s trying to keep things light and funny hoping you would like that. You like that but you are clearly not interested.

You get:

- strong male around so you feel safe
    - male attention (which you love)
    - someone you can use to make other guys you really like jealous.
    - someone to help with guy related problems.
    - occasionally free meals and drinks.
    - someone to call when you are stuck somewhere
    - a shoulder to cry on if you have problems.

What he gets:

- sexual frustration
    - a damage reputation of being a beta who gets friendzoned
    - depression that you are not attracted to him
    - self hatred that he doesn’t have the guts to see the truth you are not into him
    - bad advice and misinformation about dating. Girls might mean well but they usually give advice on what they SAY they want vs. what they REALLY want. However older women can help guys though.
    - a thinner wallet. He likely spends more money on you on social events than vice versa.
    - inconvenience. He is more likely to got out of his way for you than vice versa
    - a bad memory of being a chump by being too nice to you.

• By the way no straight man and I do mean no warm blooded hetero male EVER refers to another female as his “best friend”. Really how fucking often do you hear guys saying that?

• He already has a girlfriend and yes he called me his best friend

• My apologies, I misread that. I thought he said he was no longer with her.

I’ve seen plenty of women exploit single, lonely vulnerable guys with the friendzone. It’s a hot button for me as you can tell. If he is getting laid steadily then maybe he is genuine.

Most Helpful Girls

• it's worked for me because it's a long distance friendship built so there is no room for physical tension. Besides that friendship, I don't do well with men as friends-they have all asked for sex eventually or start disrespecting me (getting touchy feely).
    I would like male friends to hang out with in person because it would be something different. Maybe I'm just not the type of girl who can have male friends (like I only attract guys who secretly want more)

• That guy seems like a dick. Now I understand why his girlfriend keeps fighting , because he probably is a whore man and likes to have sex and flirt with multiple people.

• No they brake up a lot because he takes her out for dinner and expensive holidays and he says she's ungrateful about it and would rather sit at home watching TV all day

• Then he should leave her asap.

• I know but it's not my place to get involved and it will only make matters worse