Can a guy be friends with a girl he used to like?

So their was this guy he used to really like me he did everything he could to try to get my attention , but I ignored him because I was dumb I thought he was scary cause he would always stare at my face, he even tried to copy my clothes to get my attention. Anyways I haven't seen the guy for a year cause I moved town but now im back in town, we go to the same college, I went to the shops and he was behind me i realized that he ran to the shops too he realized it was me, he saw me and was really shocked and smiled at me and didn't buy anything he only went to the shop to see if it was me. I saw him in college today and he stopped walking and just stared at me in my eyes it was like he wanted to say something he looked like he was stunned. I had to go to class so I just walked away. My question is Does he still have feelings for me? can we be friends? CAN A GUY BE FRIENDS WITH A GIRL HE USED TO LIKE?

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Friendship with opposite sex can turn into something more than friendship. If someone liked you, if you think he still has a special place for you, then just staying friends won't be possible.
    Now the question is do you want him to give him a chance. It seems like you have regreting your previous decision and nit sure if you should open the door for him.
    If you think there cannot be any serious relationship between you too, my advice will be, don't be nice, tell him straight, don't show any interest.

0|0
    0|0
    • @SelfishGuy I totally agree with you. Recently it happened with me I met a guy who was noticing me since 2 years. He was getting attached me. So I end up our friendship
      So what do you think he still miss me or he just came up for fun?

• If you had ended friendship, because he was getting close, won't you stop caring about what he thinks of you?
      Anyways if you don't want any serious relationship, do not bother about what he thinks, do not get attached, do not give him any hope, I can understand, even after he was basically rejected, you may still want him to like you because may be you are just a nice girl or may be you want a ego boost. But if you keep feeding his hopes it will be harder for him to move on, and at some point that admiration he has for you will turn into hatred. Just tell him you have someone else (even if it's a lie), and bid bye.

• That's the reason why I went away I don't want him to go more deep for me. Everything is unsaid even though he might be thinking i m mean I m ready to accept but not his feelings to get more for me which I can't take care of even though I want to care.

• Very much so, i used to be head over heels in love with a girl but then we both never really had those feelings grow so now we are happily just friends, good friends, but friends

0|0
    0|0
    • Thats great. I feel a bit awkward cause I knew he liked me

Most Helpful Girls

• eye contact is important, I sort of like and maybe trust anyone that keeps eye contact when talking or listening,
    as far as being friend yes you can providing sex doesn't enter into the friendship, if sex comes in then there can be no way after you or he finds someone else, either your choice or his will not like it

0|0
    0|0
    • yeah but its just I don't know if he still likes me which makes it awkward

• good grief, if he smiles keeps eye contact its there, do you want a smoke signal, if it was me I would invite him for coffee or something, if he accepts then you know pluck up courage and go for it, youth is wasted on the young

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 18

• No. Well you can try, but hidden feelings will lurk in one party or the other.

1|0
    0|0
  • No you cannot. Also that guy seams like a crazy stocker. Not to mention that he doesn't even says hi or embrace in small talk. Whay would you want to be? It sounds like you like him more then a friend as you brought this topic up. You already knew the answer to your question. Now you might be hiding something. Are you?

0|0
    0|0
    • 7d

Im not hiding nothing. I haven't approached him. I asked because im confused and I dont get why he stares and didn't approach me.

• No I think he has a problem if he stares at you and never really said anything to you. I think he just wants to make a test run with you. However there is a slight chance he like you you could ask and if he says yes. Go out with him, but do not give him the test run until he proves he really loves you. That what I think.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes it is possible I'm actually best friends with my ex one of the persons I can't depend on the matter what and she fell asleep about me even when it comes to relationship she talked to me about it I'll let her know she's not come to her about it I'm nothing changed we still cool no bad blood and nothing

0|0
    0|0
  • From my personal experience... Yes. I used to chase a girl I liked a lot. Once it was clear nothing was going to come from it all that was left was a friendship. Not super close friends but we still talk n hang... 3 years later!

0|0
    0|0
    • Thats nice!! but I feel kinda awkward around him..

• Kinda. But it's generally because he no longer sees you as someone he may be willing to date ie you can't be trusted, you no longer as attractive as you used to be, he got to a whole new teir of dating. Or he's just less horney than his younger self and no longer wants to bang you.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes it is completely possible I am best friends with one of my ex girlfriends and it is like we never went out we a just best friends.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, he can and I been friends with girls that I like for a long time and I even think about them when I'm at home.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sure. But why would you want that? Why not just forget about him, the feeling doesn't seem mutual

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm polite to some of my exes if I happen to find them somewhere but I tend to avoid them mostly

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope, nope, never! It should never happen...

1|0
    0|0
  • MOST LIKELY HE CAN IF HE IS NOT CHILDISH ABOUT IT.

0|1
    0|0
  • Creepy lol

1|0
    0|0
  • No... and why bother?

1|0
    0|0
  • It depends on his feelings

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope.

0|0
    0|0
  • How can we be lovers if we can't be friends?
    How can we start over when the fighting never ends?
    How can we make love if we can't make amends?
    How can we be lovers if we can't be, can't be friends?

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah sounds like he still likes you. It depends on the guy and the girl. Some guys won't let go of how they feel and they will always want a relationship with someone they like others can get over and be friends while some just can't be friends I feel.

Such as with me I really liked this girl from high school and now two years later I still like her, but as a friend.

1|0
    0|0
    • yeah thats why I feel a bit awkward and scared cause I don't know if he still likes me should I ask him?

• Yeah it won't really hurt to ask really. The thing is he could down play how he feels about you and not give you the full truth. I don't know it's worth a try.

What Girls Said 2

• Based on your info I doubt so.

But just in general its hard to be friends with the opposite gender unless y'all really don’t find each other attractive at all

0|0
    0|0
  • In my opinion, no. He sounds kind of creepy in a sense also... I see many red flags right there.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes