Can a guy be friends with a girl he used to like?

So their was this guy he used to really like me he did everything he could to try to get my attention , but I ignored him because I was dumb I thought he was scary cause he would always stare at my face, he even tried to copy my clothes to get my attention. Anyways I haven't seen the guy for a year cause I moved town but now im back in town, we go to the same college, I went to the shops and he was behind me i realized that he ran to the shops too he realized it was me, he saw me and was really shocked and smiled at me and didn't buy anything he only went to the shop to see if it was me. I saw him in college today and he stopped walking and just stared at me in my eyes it was like he wanted to say something he looked like he was stunned. I had to go to class so I just walked away. My question is Does he still have feelings for me? can we be friends? CAN A GUY BE FRIENDS WITH A GIRL HE USED TO LIKE?

420

Most Helpful Guys

• Friendship with opposite sex can turn into something more than friendship. If someone liked you, if you think he still has a special place for you, then just staying friends won't be possible.
    Now the question is do you want him to give him a chance. It seems like you have regreting your previous decision and nit sure if you should open the door for him.
    If you think there cannot be any serious relationship between you too, my advice will be, don't be nice, tell him straight, don't show any interest.

• @SelfishGuy I totally agree with you. Recently it happened with me I met a guy who was noticing me since 2 years. He was getting attached me. So I end up our friendship
      So what do you think he still miss me or he just came up for fun?

• If you had ended friendship, because he was getting close, won't you stop caring about what he thinks of you?
      Anyways if you don't want any serious relationship, do not bother about what he thinks, do not get attached, do not give him any hope, I can understand, even after he was basically rejected, you may still want him to like you because may be you are just a nice girl or may be you want a ego boost. But if you keep feeding his hopes it will be harder for him to move on, and at some point that admiration he has for you will turn into hatred. Just tell him you have someone else (even if it's a lie), and bid bye.

• That's the reason why I went away I don't want him to go more deep for me. Everything is unsaid even though he might be thinking i m mean I m ready to accept but not his feelings to get more for me which I can't take care of even though I want to care.

• Very much so, i used to be head over heels in love with a girl but then we both never really had those feelings grow so now we are happily just friends, good friends, but friends

• Thats great. I feel a bit awkward cause I knew he liked me

Most Helpful Girls

• eye contact is important, I sort of like and maybe trust anyone that keeps eye contact when talking or listening,
    as far as being friend yes you can providing sex doesn't enter into the friendship, if sex comes in then there can be no way after you or he finds someone else, either your choice or his will not like it

• yeah but its just I don't know if he still likes me which makes it awkward

• good grief, if he smiles keeps eye contact its there, do you want a smoke signal, if it was me I would invite him for coffee or something, if he accepts then you know pluck up courage and go for it, youth is wasted on the young