What to do if your boyfriend texts you first, and then ignores you?

My boyfriend texted me “Goodmorning baby how are you today” and I replied, telling him a little story, then he replied and then I replied back asking “how are you today babe?” And he’s never replied back but I can see him posting on snapchat and insragram under 10 minutes ago when I texted back over 2 hours ago. He’s done this before always telling me he didn’t see my text or forgot to reply.. not a good excuse for taking 9 hours to reply like he used to. He’s been stressed with school recently, but that’s not really a reason why he can’t text me back if he was on his phone posting stuff anyways. What do I do?

PS. We’ve been dating for 10 months now, and we just spent a few hours together yesterday and we had sex like usual, it was magical. And we saw each other at least once a day for the past 5 days..

1517

Most Helpful Guys

• Ask him to set up a special ring tone just for you and he probably won't miss your texts

• So you acknowledge he's been stressed with school and you still demand him to be your on call therapist? Get over yourself. He has feelings too.

• No I told him I would be there for him if he needs, but it’s like I’m the first person he cuts out of his life when he’s stressed because he never texts me back often when he’s like this he’ll talk to everyone else first it seems.. it’s really unfair so don’t go assuming stuff. I don’t need his attention 24/7 I just hate how he “forgets” about me if he really loves me, I would never forget to text him back or reach out

• Men compartmentalize. Just because he is focused on school doesn't mean he stopped caring about you.

• May be true, but if he has time to post stories on Snapchat and Snapchat people, post and like things on Instagram does he really NOT have time to just send a simple text back to his own girlfriend? Yeah he's compartmentalizing but this makes no sense that he’s doing this all while not saying a few words to his own girlfriend. i understand if he’s busy, but this being on his phone thing posting stuff is proving otherwise so I’m not just overthinking

Most Helpful Girls

• I think it's a problem that he can't even respond to you but posts on Snapchat. It's most likely not his intention to ignore your message but you should tell him how it makes you feel. Communication is key

• I wish I knew the answer to this. But no matter how much reasons guys find I always have only one explanation - excuses. Even if they don't realize how bullshit of an excuse it is. And I can think about it over and over again but I prefer not to think about shit like that cuz that's just how they r

• You’re saying thats just how boys are and that there’s nothing wrong with us or anything? I’ve just learned to accept that

• If a guy who doesn't want to or doesn't feel like texting just texts you a single random letter in response would you be okay with that? Assuming he will respond later

• Well yeah as long as he makes it clear that there won't be any texting.. just to not make me wait or feel bad u know.
      We have breaks with my boyfriend and sometimes I tell him I'm not in the mood to talk, sometimes he does.. we don't have a problem with that.
      It just becomes a problem when the guy hides the reason why he doesn't wanna talk behind some stupid excuses that don't even make sense..