What to do if your boyfriend texts you first, and then ignores you?

My boyfriend texted me “Goodmorning baby how are you today” and I replied, telling him a little story, then he replied and then I replied back asking “how are you today babe?” And he’s never replied back but I can see him posting on snapchat and insragram under 10 minutes ago when I texted back over 2 hours ago. He’s done this before always telling me he didn’t see my text or forgot to reply.. not a good excuse for taking 9 hours to reply like he used to. He’s been stressed with school recently, but that’s not really a reason why he can’t text me back if he was on his phone posting stuff anyways. What do I do?

PS. We’ve been dating for 10 months now, and we just spent a few hours together yesterday and we had sex like usual, it was magical. And we saw each other at least once a day for the past 5 days..

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Ask him to set up a special ring tone just for you and he probably won't miss your texts

1|1
    0|0
  • So you acknowledge he's been stressed with school and you still demand him to be your on call therapist? Get over yourself. He has feelings too.

3|2
    0|0
    • No I told him I would be there for him if he needs, but it’s like I’m the first person he cuts out of his life when he’s stressed because he never texts me back often when he’s like this he’ll talk to everyone else first it seems.. it’s really unfair so don’t go assuming stuff. I don’t need his attention 24/7 I just hate how he “forgets” about me if he really loves me, I would never forget to text him back or reach out

• Show All
    • Men compartmentalize. Just because he is focused on school doesn't mean he stopped caring about you.

• May be true, but if he has time to post stories on Snapchat and Snapchat people, post and like things on Instagram does he really NOT have time to just send a simple text back to his own girlfriend? Yeah he's compartmentalizing but this makes no sense that he’s doing this all while not saying a few words to his own girlfriend. i understand if he’s busy, but this being on his phone thing posting stuff is proving otherwise so I’m not just overthinking

Most Helpful Girls

• I think it's a problem that he can't even respond to you but posts on Snapchat. It's most likely not his intention to ignore your message but you should tell him how it makes you feel. Communication is key

1|0
    0|0
  • I wish I knew the answer to this. But no matter how much reasons guys find I always have only one explanation - excuses. Even if they don't realize how bullshit of an excuse it is. And I can think about it over and over again but I prefer not to think about shit like that cuz that's just how they r

2|0
    0|1
    • You’re saying thats just how boys are and that there’s nothing wrong with us or anything? I’ve just learned to accept that

• Show All
    • If a guy who doesn't want to or doesn't feel like texting just texts you a single random letter in response would you be okay with that? Assuming he will respond later

• Well yeah as long as he makes it clear that there won't be any texting.. just to not make me wait or feel bad u know.
      We have breaks with my boyfriend and sometimes I tell him I'm not in the mood to talk, sometimes he does.. we don't have a problem with that.
      It just becomes a problem when the guy hides the reason why he doesn't wanna talk behind some stupid excuses that don't even make sense..

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 15

• Dont over think guys hate texting our fingers are bigfer than females and texting is stressfull for us lol. Just call him if you want to talk long topics keep texts short for men

1|0
    0|0
  • Guys are typical bad it replies we don't multitask well either (most of the time). Also let him have a break because he might be struggling with school. Dear God high school relationships are complicated.

1|0
    0|0
  • If what you message him is interesting and engaged him he'll message back. "How are you?" is very generic and boring so of course he'll prioritise other things.

1|0
    0|0
  • i do this also i text with my girlfriend and suddenly i gotta do something so i just dont text back
    i text her when i can not every times she wants

0|0
    0|0
  • 10 months maybe a test too see what problem you would solve but give us a screenshot too see what you reply back as.. too help you more.. because a story back... doesn't sound convinced for me but others maybe

0|0
    0|0
  • Look there's always that time where your janky a$$ phone just doesn't feel like notifying you when it should. There's also those times where you literally forget to press Enter.

0|0
    0|0
  • Could be trying to get stuff done and he forgot to respond. Men generally settle into a more where after a while the girl starts most phone conversations while he saves most of his for in person.

0|0
    0|0
  • GET... OFF... HIS... DICK...
    Let him be a man. If he doesn’t feel like responding then let him make that choice.
    Being clingy isn’t going to help.

0|0
    0|0
  • It’s not always about you. He may not want to text you. We don’t always want to text back. Very boring question too

1|0
    0|0
  • Thats normal. You are being too clingy. Live your life outside from him.

1|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 13

• I usually just make fun of him later on that he propably threw his phone out of the window right after texting me. He says the same about me so it's fine 😅 we both got this stupid habit to start a conversation via texting and completely forget about it shortly after.
    As long as he doesn't ignore you in person everything is fine. Texting doesn't really mean anything in a relationship.

0|1
    0|0
  • Sometimes I do this to my boyfriend. Sometimes, I just get really busy or just don't feel like talking or texting at that moment. Tell him how you feel about it.

0|3
    0|0
  • I personally would not deal with that. I have learned that they will do what we allow. But that's me. I'd call him on it and I'd start doing it to him too.

1|0
    0|0
  • In my opinion, I think you should stop dating this guy... He clearly doesn't give a damn about you. There are many fish in the sea. Just live your life LOL

0|0
    0|2
  • Leave the man to breath. He doesn't have to use his phone just for talking to you. Get a life and do something. Poor guy. if you do this now. In a year or so you won't let him go out with guys because "there are girls involved". pff

0|0
    0|0
  • Sometimes we get distracted and can't get to our phone. He most likely read it and then got distracted. If he doesn't text you back quick, dont text him back quickly either. Distract yourself and dont let unreplied text ruin your day

0|0
    0|0
  • Well if you are so important to him then he will never ignore you in this way... It's all about priorities

2|1
    0|1
  • I think confronting him with this would be the best idea

0|0
    0|1
  • Guess he wants time alone so you give him. When he’s back you don’t cause drama but just act as you’d normally do.

0|0
    0|0
  • Tell him personally that this is bothering you, talk to him

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Girls

Recommended myTakes