Why do boys bother giving hickey’s on your neck?

I don’t see the point especially if the boy and the girl he’s giving the hickey to are not dating. Because people are just going to be nosy and ask who gave u a hickey whereas people wouldn’t know if the hickey was somewhere more discret

23

Most Helpful Guy

• It's erotic. Girls necks taste good to males, and you can really pick up on their natural body scent that way. Very primal I think.

It's also territorial. For at least a few days until it goes away, you have marked that girl as yours. And, the fact that you let him do it means you accept him sexually, at least to a degree. Also primal. It's hot. No doubt.

Most Helpful Girl

• its a badge of honor he is marking you.. it looks horrible and its broken blood vessels in Relationship hickeys. People assume you had sex. Why would you let someone suck on you that you care nothing about?
    I guess I am old school