Why do some people not like gay people?

I'm gay and I've always been curious

0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• People are always afraid of what they do not understand. But instead of learning and educating them selves they turn to hatred and bigotry. People who are mean and bigoted usually are weak minded and fearful. they try to find other to blame for their short comings instead of looking in the mirror.

0|1
    0|0
  • Cause it simply isn't something they grew up with

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 4

• Because they are afraid of it or because they don't like it and they think everyone else should be forced to not like it as well.
    I experience hatred just for being bisexual.
    I will get at least one down vote for this post by a homophobic person.

0|2
    0|0
  • They're idiots
    xx
    ~ Mrs Manson

0|1
    0|0
  • My best friend is gay and everyone loves him.

0|0
    0|0
  • I personally love gay people some just dont agree with it but I think thats really stupid. Just do you!

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 10

• I am not religious in a traditional way so I dont care if men are gay or not.
    I dont know many gay personally, actually just one that i talk to regularly.
    I notice that he has a little different mindset,(bit feminine) walks a little different and his voice is somewhat different.
    We talk about lot of different things.
    We never talk about that he is gay. He is just a regular person.
    I would not say he is my friend, but I enjoy talking to him now and then.

What most guys dislike are the flaming gay men.
    They dress like idiots, constantly talk about the sexual preference and are overall annoying. They try to act like women, that they are not.
    I just find this creepy.
    I have noticed that for some reason women tend to like those gays.
    Not all gay men are the same.

I find gay sex disgusting, but I have no reason to dislike men that practice it. I find a lot of things disgusting anyway and I dont hold it against them. It is none of mybusiness.
    I dont care if other men are doing this at all. I just dont want to take part in it. And I dont like gays that need to talk about it all the time or constantly signalling that they are gay in other ways.
    I think this goes for a lot of men.

0|0
    0|0
  • You probably are not going to like most of the responses here. If you are looking for support, you may have come to the wrong place.

0|0
    0|0
  • It might be against their religion or they could just find it unnatural or disgusting.

0|1
    0|0
  • Pink monkey syndrome. If you are sufficiently different from your troop, the other monkeys will expel you. WHAT the difference is doesn't matter.

0|0
    0|0
    • Oh what does that mean?

• Humans evolved from social primates living in troops. About 5-20, generally. It was important to the survival of the troop to distinguish between those of the troop and non-troop. To many causes trouble, and uses up limited resources. It is paramount that the troop survives; an individual is expendable (though some more so than others). So, if you were different, you were not-troop, and driven away.

Skinnerites (berhavioral psych types back in the sixties who followed the teachings of B. F. Skinner) would take a monkey from a troop, and die him or her bright pink, and then reintroduce the subject back into the group. almost inevitably, the other monkeys would drive the new "pink" version off. If they couldn't (too small an enclosure), they would kill it. This became known as the Pink Monkey Syndrome. Any monkey that deviates too far from the group norm is anathema.

Among many human social groups, homosexuality makes you a "pink monkey".

• because SOME gay guys talking and act in a very weird way

0|1
    0|0
  • Well it is seen as strange to a person attracted to the same sex. And people dislike strange things to them.

I am totally cool with gay people but i do hate people who are gay and put on a stuiped voice to show that they are gay.

It annoys me cause you wouldn't see me walking around putting on a voice to show i likes girls. Plus the voice is really annoying cause it sounds stuiped.

But been gay is aboustally fine just don't be an person who acts like he is pretending to be gay just to get attenison.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because they're idiots who believe in an imaginary friend...

0|0
    0|0
  • Probably religious reasons.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because they want more acceptance than metros. They want a celebration of their queerness

0|0
    0|0
  • Because it's not natural, it's caused by a genetic disorder, or hormonal disbalance.

0|1
    0|0
    • Is that bad?

• Well, when science progresses more, and finds which gene is flawed, i. e where is the error in DNA, they will be able to treat it by genetic or hormonal therapy, so I think it's not that bad.

Recommended myTakes