How do you know if you are more than friends?

I have known this guy for about 4 years and we have tried to date. He wasn't ready at the time but we never lost touch. I moved out of state and now he is texting me compliments and flirting with me. He wants to come see me and he lives 700 miles away. I do not want to jump the gun into thinking he likes me romantically as I have done that before. Are there ways i can tell this is more than a friendship to him?

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 8

• Nah. Maybe he feels like you. Give it another go but without expectations. Gonna be hard if you still wanna be with him like that but if not then clear the air before he comes your way.

0|0
    0|0
  • That's a whole lot of effort to go through for a girl he can't see on a regular basis. I would think that means he's for real.

1|0
    0|0
  • Don't worry about the past and don't plan for the future. Always just do right now what you most want to do. Then you can look back and know u did what you wanted, and for the future you will be a champion in doing what you most want. Life!

0|0
    0|0
  • "I have known this guy for about 4 years..."

Friends. After that long it becomes awkward to try and be more.

0|0
    0|0
  • she has to call it official.

0|1
    0|0
  • Just ask does he likes u..

0|0
    0|0
  • Ask him

0|0
    0|0
  • It sounds as though he is. I'll give you my advice and say DO NOT sleep with him if the opportunity arises, not until its clear what you both want. If you sleep with him and you aren't clear itll ruin your friendship.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 6

• I would not try it out with him. He wasn't interested in you when you lived close by and now that you are far - do you think your chances are better? If they are better it means he loves the idea of who you are rather than who you actually are and you don't want to date somebody who is dating a dream and not the real thing. The best way to evaluate a relationship is to assess how much you like the person when they are accessible to you and whether you think that person is worthwhile long term.

0|0
    0|0
  • When they actually kiss you and admit they're attracted to you or like you. You already tried dating, so its clear your more than that already.

0|0
    0|0
  • Just ask him. Tell him you dont want to misread any situation and want to lay out what your relationship is right now. Are you just friends or is this something possibly leading into something more. I mean I feel like if he's wanting to travel that far to see you its more than just a friend thing.

0|0
    0|0
  • Touch his dick and see what happens

0|0
    1|0
  • Base this in your ideal of a relationship. If it is nothing close, then there's nothing more. Don't settle for this though

0|0
    0|0
  • just like others said you can ask him.. but some genuine assholes might say "I like you" but then they only want to get laid.. they would say anything just to get in your pants. So be extra careful

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes