Why can't I make myself believe he might actually have feelings for me?

He's calling me honey, uses red heart emojis <3 , keeps the realistic drawing I made of his eye in his room, walks around the school while his friends + his brother's friends see us together, and saying he loves the picture of us together (it's my profile picture if you wanna see) and also flirting with me and being really genuine and chivalrous. We also have physical/ sexual attraction for one another. But I keep finding a way to convince myself that he's scared to say he doesn't like me and is just letting me off easy/friend zone/ being nice to avoid hurting me. We've known each other for 2.5 months and he doesn't pressure me in any way, lets me be myself, and respects my boundaries But I don't know if it's because other girls are satisfying him and he doesn't need me, but I don't know if I'm just being stupid since I am literally the only girl I've seen him walking around with. I only ever seen him with his buds.

• You might falling for him but you're scared even though he obviously is into you
  • You're scared because deep down you know he isn't interested
  • You are both scared and both holding back your feelings
    Vote C

1826

Most Helpful Guys

• If you're unsure, you can try going on what I like to call a "disguised date." Ask him to dinner or a movie or something without using the word "date," (unless he does so first) and see how it goes. And at the end of the night if you still like him, give him a hug and then *THIS IS IMPORTANT* kiss him on the cheek before you part ways. See where it goes from there.

• Problem is, we already did that like a month ago. We went to see a scary movie and he intertwined our fingers and cuddled me and held me when I was scared, and teased me, and played with my hair. Then, he asked to give me a kiss. And that was my first kiss and almost a make out, and he did it like 3 separate times and waited for my mom to come pick me up before he left. The reason I didn't mention it was because something happened a month later and I guess he kinda said he liked me but felt it would be unfair to start a relationship since he will move at the end of the year and I will go off to university. But now, this is all the things he's doing again and he said "We can be more" but only if I play my cards right. And he tells me he wish I was with him, etc so I don't know if he said he didn't want a relationship because his last girlfriend dumped him and he's hurt and scared or because I am moving too fast and he likes me and wants to take things slower

• That's a very far distance. I've done lobg-distance and it sucks not seeing your partner daily, but Skype helps a lot.
      But that's cool that he's now into that.
      So I suppose his reasons for having been leaving were for school?

• I can hang out with him/ call him sometime and find out! Haha but honestly, I don't wanna just lose contact with him

• Former shy insecure guy here. It sounds like your insecurities are controlling your thoughts. Try to learn to accept yourself and just look at your boyfriend's actions, take them at face value, and don't assume things from that. People are afraid of getting hurt, that's normal. What is not normal is to let that fear prevent you from enjoying the relationship. When fear blocks your happiness you are no longer in control.

Most Helpful Girls

• Did somebody ever hurt your feelings so much that you think now everybody will?
    Somehow, you seem to put up a fence against your own emotions and you are finding possible excuses to protect yourself from being hurt again.
    True love is unfortunately coupled with disappointments and it is just normal to want to be sure that you don't experience those ever again.
    Just remember, if you don't let love touch you, you will not find the good sides that love can bring and give you. True love is unconditional and beautiful.

In the future, you may have just this one regret. That you did let this chance pass and not grab the hand that was there to catch you!

• Wow... I think I just had a realization. You're right! :) Thank you! I will not let this chance pass my by!

• You are welcome. And by the way I think you would make a lovely couple if I look at your profile picture. You are beautiful and he has the allure of a protector...

• You honestly just made my morning!! :)

• I've been in a situation like this before. It's probably because you think that if you do realize that you like him, and you are almost sure he likes you, you don't want to get your hopes up, as if you are 100% sure he likes you, and you finally accept he does, and you like him, and he turns out not liking you, it completely ruins you, and you are afraid that that will happen if you accept him liking you and you liking him.
    I don't know if any of that actually made any sense, but in my head it makes a lot of sense, it's just that I don't know how to word it.

• Yup, I reread that, it doesn't make any sense to me... I hope you get what i mean

• Yeah, I think he does like you for sure

• Thanks!! :)