Why are guys so salty when a girl says she likes tall guys?

Whenever I see girls saying they like or they prefer tall guys more there is usually some guy being salty about it.

0|2

Most Helpful Guys

• Because women judge men by height far, far more harshly than men judge women by any unchangeable physical trait. Yes, men like breasts, but you would be hard pressed to find a guy that deems a woman below a certain cup size as absolutely worthless like women judge guys that are unfortunate enough to be more than two inches below average height.

0|0
    0|0
    • Actually a lot of guys say they like big boobs and ya there is a good amount that like small ones but the majority goes towards bigger ones and the same goes for butts. Why do you think so many women get plastic surgery.

• Show All
    • That’s not weird?

• Not really but I usually see rich men with tall women

• Because it portrays a complete double standard. Why is it ok for a woman to say she would prefer tall guys, but when a man says he prefers skinny girls he is ostracised by the opposite sex? People are going to have a type, nobody should be offended by what that might mean.

1|2
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I know right , they're probably just salty because they're short

2|0
    1|3
    • I would love to see you try to control your race too. Don't get mad guys don't like specific race.

• Show All
    • Or people in general disagree

• One more advice. If you're annoyed by people, consider if your opinion is annoying or not.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 37

• Short guys get pissed I think. In reality we should all avoid whining about what we are and what we are not and just make the best of it. It's not like there's another choice. There's no point getting pissy about it, it just makes you more unattractive.

1|1
    0|0
  • Becuase you can't control your height. But you sure can control your damn weight. But when we say we prefer a slim girl we get shit for it..

0|1
    0|0
    • I get being annoyed by girls who say I only date 6’0 and up but when a girl simply says I like tall guys why are people coming for them like crazy

• ... Because unlike "weight, intelligence, confidence" height is something that just cannot be changed. So it is complete ignorance of people who are short and they can't do anything about it. in my opinion an example of a shallow girl too. I wouldn't date that. But yeah tons of guys would. Most of them wanna get laid.

0|1
    0|0
  • We aren't salty we use it as a barameter to weed out them shallow thots. If you say it doesn't matter how a woman looks, or how big their boobs are, how much they weigh, or anything along those lines and yet you also have a dildo up your ass about tall guys, you are a hypothetical T H O T. It's not salt it's a simple observation of hypocrisy.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've never known anyone to be salty over it. Only a little judgmental because the only women I've heard say it are saying it as a requirement not as a preference. So they get judged as being superficial

0|0
    0|0
  • Because height can't be changed. Weight can. So it's not unreasonable to want thin women

1|4
    0|0
  • Do you mind if a guy says he prefers skinny girls? Have any of your gfs gotten salty about that?

0|0
    0|0
    • I don’t know why so many guys are tryna flip it to women and weight but no i don’t care if a guy wants a skinny girl and none of my friends care. It really doesn’t matter because there will always be someone out there who likes your specific traits.

• Yes we are flipping it so you understand.

Idc if you don't like it if guys get salty about height as long as you don't get salty about other physical traits.

I'm ok with a girl being picky about a guys body (in this case height) as long as she doesn't complain about a guy being picky a girls body (in this case weight).

And I'm ok with the opposite... If a girl isn't picky about height I'm ok if she doesn't like a guy being picky about weight.

Just as long as you aren't being a hypocrite about it.

If you are a hypocrite about it... talk to the hand bc I'm no longer listening to a word you say.

Treat others as you would have the do to you. Zero room for anything else.

And I'm ok with the opposite I'm ok with

• Ok but just don’t direct it towards me because I don’t give a crap about it.

• Are they? That would be new to me. Im sure all guys know that being tall is attractive. How can anyone get salty over that

0|0
    0|0
  • Whenever a girl says anything about anything on here there's a salty guy that's mad at your whole gender lol

1|0
    0|0
  • I never cared but, some men see it as dismissing them for something they can't change.

1|0
    0|0
  • It is something a man can't change, and no one wants to be unloved just because of something they can't change. I'm 6'1" so it doesn't really apply to me, but you see on social media all the time how it is wrong to judge a woman based on her appearance, while they simultaneously judge men by their appearance. It seems very hypocritical. Not to mention he so many girls will say they want a guy with a good personality and didn't care about looks, while they do indeed care a lot about looks, or at least it appears that way

0|0
    0|0
  • Cuz not all of us can live up to it. It's hard to hear that they need when its something that you can never have. 👌

0|0
    0|0
  • Not sure. If a girl likes me for being supposed normal height (5'10") then okay. Maybe those guys are just insecure, hell if I know.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because it excludes them guys the same way some people will say they don't find said race attractive and others will shout racism

0|0
    0|0
  • Because the guy is NOT them. It's a blow to an ego.
    Chicks are the same too.

0|1
    0|0
  • When a girl only goes for tall guys, she is only hurting herself. When guys see that, guess how they react? By going for tall girls!

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't know why. Guys put beauty standards on Girls so why can't girls do the same? Maybe those guys are short and feel that they're height puts them at a disadvantage. In my experience, some of the short guys I know have dated and hooked up with a lot of girls and it didn't seem to stop them, whereas some tall guys are complete dorks and have never even made out with a girl. I think it's down to the persons overall attractiveness. Height is ONE of the factors which go into whether you're attractive or not but it's not the only factor.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because it's a very shallow standard that can't be improved upon

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm a 6'0 so I'm quite happy with it😂
    Let them girls dig for tall guys😂

0|0
    0|1
  • Because it's a widespread thing and considering the fact that a lot of girls are pretty antagonistic about it they've learned to get defensive about it.

It's the same for every trait preference after a while it doesn't become 'I like talk guys' it becomes 'everyone likes tall guys' and you're somehow lesser because of it.

Plus guys get told constantly that they're preference are bad. So short guys are being told that they are bad because of that and that they're undesirable because they're short. I'd find it frustrating to if I was a short guy.

This is one of those questions that doesn't have a specific answer because the answer is more general than the question.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm not salty about it. If a girl likes taller men than me it's fine.

0|0
    0|0
  • That's under your circumstances. Don't blame every man for that.

0|0
    0|0
    • Also our height isn't the only thing that isn't changeable women have as a standard but our sizes to. But women would get salty if we say we don't like fat girls.

• Show All
    • Of course you don’t have to specify

• "Ofcourse" Well i wouldn't know that's not obvious. Just saying that if you wonder why.

• Because a lot of times it's more like a requirement for women instead of just a preference. They won't even give a guy below a certain height a chance. He could be a good 6 inches taller than her but she still thinks he's too short. You even have girls who are only 5ft tall themselves talking about how they only want guys 6ft or taller. Of course shorter guys are going to be salty. Women would be too if men judged boob size as harshly as women do guys height and only wanted D cup or bigger the same way a lot of women want 6ft or taller.

0|0
    0|0
  • it's like when a guy say i like only tall girls then short girls get salty too

0|0
    0|0
  • Well we can't change our height

1|2
    0|0
  • Its an insult like, she need to be thin...

0|1
    0|0
    • There's a difference, though. Weight can be changed with some hard work. Height cannot.

• Because they are short? XD

0|0
    0|0
  • I think only short guys would say that ROFL

0|0
    0|1
  • I'm high so it's good news

0|0
    0|0
  • cuz we have no chance in hell

0|0
    0|0
    • Ya you do just cause she says she prefers tall guys that doesn’t mean she won’t take average height or shorter

• Show All
    • if you were the only chasing women, you'd understand.

• Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 7

• Because if they say they don’t want a fat girl, evrybody gets mad.

0|2
    0|0
    • I don’t really care at all tbh. It’s understandable when people don’t want to date obese people.

• Only if most women felt that way.. but with all this “fat acceptance” going on...

• No idea but I dont like really tall guys. I prefer guys who can kiss me (5'4) without slowly developing arthritis in their neck and back. My preferred height is probably 5'4-5'10.

0|0
    0|0
  • Some, definetly not all, guys on here are salty about nearly everything lol don't take it personal

0|0
    0|0
  • If a guy said he liked curvy girls, he'd be attacked. You can't change your natural body shape.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because it can be something that is petty, to them. But everyone has preferences.

0|0
    0|0
  • I like my men how I like my ladders

1|0
    0|0
  • Because they are insecure to begin with

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes