Does it mean anything if a guy kisses a girl's forehead?

My boyfriend does this a lot

Does it mean anything?
Or guys do it to their female friends too?
  • Yes
    Vote A
  • Not really
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• It is a sign of genuine affection and respect. The way I see it, being a guy, we don't just kiss a girl we don't have feelings for, it means something but to be on the forehead is also an indication of respect. Yes, a father will also do the same for his daughter but we are not talking about that, are we? Even then, it is a mark of affection and respect. I hope my comment helps.

3|2
    0|0
  • It's a way of saying, "I love you," without using words.

4|5
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• I had a guy doing that to me. I looked up and I found that it might mean that he wants to protect you or that he wants to be there for you.

2|5
    0|0
  • He loves you and respects you

3|5
    1|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 46

• Personally I do it to female friends but usually only after they get done crying or something like that, I don't do it all the time or for every girl. Probably means he at least has affection for you and he's your boyfriend so it makes sense that's his way of showing affection.

3|0
    0|0
  • Roughly translated from the gibberish that is the male emotional state, it means “You’re mine, I’m here for you, I’m going to take care of you, I’m going to protect you, I love you.”

5|1
    0|1
  • Lol at all this silly, sentimental stuff.
    The real reason he is kissing your forehead is that you are short, and he can't physically bend his knees any further without falling over onto the floor.

1|1
    0|0
  • To me a kiss on the forehead is the kiss of protection. I'd only do it for my significant other or my kids. I have neither so kiss on the forehead

3|1
    0|0
  • While I would also do this with my best female friends it is far from meaningless for me. What this gesture means is (from me anyway) is that I care for you deeply and would legitimately try to make the world a nicer place just so you would be more safe in it.

0|0
    0|0
  • I always kiss my S/O on her forehead, I do it as a sign of affection because I love her.

1|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the guy and when he does it really. If the guy does it all the time to women then pass him up. I will be honest i do this to my nieces because they are important to me and i feel its part of my job to help protect them. Which i only do it when they are upset so its more of a comforting thing that i do to them.
    When i have a girlfriend trust me she will get it to. But for her it would mean "i love you", "im there for you" and "i want to help be your rock" kind of thing.

1|0
    0|0
  • It means that was the most convenient place to kiss you at the time. You girls could overthink anything I swear.

0|3
    0|0
  • If you're shorter than him and standing up, forehead is just a quicker, easier target :P

1|1
    0|0
  • Well it's a step down from a kiss on the lips and a step up from being patted on the head like a cute puppy.

0|0
    0|0
  • it means he feels very protective of you.
    he actually loves you and cares about you.. and will never hurt you or let someone else hurt you..

1|0
    0|0
  • Kissing a forehead is like a sign.. that you are mine.. I'll protect you no matter what

2|2
    0|0
  • I always kiss my girlfriend on her forhead so she knows am comfortable with her and I love her (when we are wathing films and cuddle etc...)

2|0
    0|0
  • It simply means that he loves you in the purest way, no lust involved! I guess

2|1
    0|0
  • It is a nurturing kiss, and is intended to display protection and affection.

2|1
    0|0
  • I do this for my girlfriend. It show that he wants to protect and care for you. That loves and respects you. he's showing his love

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes. For me, it's a gesture of endearment. It's a thing in my family and I'll do it to close friends

1|0
    0|0
  • It's just a sign of strong affection.
    Wouldn't do it to someone who was just a friend

1|0
    0|0
  • I do this when I love a girl, that's what it means for me.

0|1
    0|0
  • It means “I adore u”. And is not thought of as romantic. That’s how I kiss my daughters

0|1
    0|0
  • You tell me...
    Guys think that girls embrace it or want it.

1|0
    0|1
  • Its like when a father or mother does it to their kid, its a mix of love, protection and respect

0|0
    0|0
  • He's always there for you and never wants to let you go

0|0
    0|0
  • For me, it means I deeply care. I wouldn’t kiss anyone I don’t cate about in the forehead.

0|0
    0|0
  • Kissing forehead is a way of showing affection, giving u a sense of security

1|0
    0|0
  • Absolutely no , maybe someone have a mean for that but I’m not really

0|0
    0|0
  • That you are everything for him he hasn't got any bad intention

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. That means a lot. For me if i kiss a girl on the forehead/cheek, i love her a lot

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, he is being respectfully romantic.

1|1
    0|0
  • It’s the adoration and tender affection thing.

2|1
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 14

• It genuinely implies love and care. Like a security that you will be of high value always in his eyes and respects you. It’s the best kind of affection to be shown. Sexual intimacy is good but care trumps it all. Someone who won’t be hasty to judge you and will always try to look for the silver lining on a cloudy day. You are fortunate indeed:)

1|1
    0|0
  • My boyfriend sent me a quote once that said, "one kiss on the forehead is better than 1000 lip kisses because the kiss of the forehead shows no lust but is full of love and respect."

2|0
    0|0
  • If it's your boyfriend it means you are precious to him.

If it's a guy you are on a date with? It means he choked and couldn't give you a real kiss.

1|0
    0|0
    • Haha really does it

• Show All
    • What haps if they go in and get rejected

• What happens is he now knows to move on and not waste his time and money taking her on dates anymore. Women know in the kiss if its romantic or he gets put in the friendzone. A guy who kisses on the forehead instead of her lips automatically gets friendzoned.

• I think it's so cute! A nice way to show love, affection and protection.

2|0
    0|0
  • It's just another sign of affection, not that much different from giving a hug or holding your hand.

0|0
    0|0
  • This shows that he cares for you and wants to make you feel safe and loved. These are the cutest❤

1|0
    0|0
  • They say it means I love you, but I don't know I don’t think of that if someone does.

They just do it cause they feel like.

0|0
    0|1
  • NO, I have been kissed on the forehead by some absolute bellends.

0|0
    0|0
    • Yeah same here. I thought it meant something but NOPE. Complete asshole and narcissist. Just too keep me on the hook.

• It's more loving than touching someone's body...

1|2
    0|0
  • It’s very sweet.

0|1
    0|0
  • This is too cute😍
    My forehead is untouched😭

2|0
    0|0
  • I wonder too

0|0
    0|0