Does he really like me or just sees things differently because he’s high?

There is a guy from work who smiles at me a lot but only talks to me about work. The weird thing is he will randomly send me text messages about work but with cute emoticons (which I find weird). I also caught him staring at me a lot but when we see each other at work I feel like he feels awkward to talk to me. Anyway, I ask his friend why was he acting like that and he just said that it’s because he smokes pot a lot. We had a team dinner before and the guy and his other friend came in high, he didn’t talk to me but he was standing super close to me all night. About three months ago he seemed like he was avoiding me for some reason. After than I had a couple of weeks break from work and then all of a sudden he sent me a follow request in instagram. I accepted his follow request and even followed him back (just being a nice person that I am) weird thing is he doesn’t follow anyone from work aside from one guy that he is friend with. It just confuse of what he wants with me. My question is, does being high on weeds make someone act differently like this guy? What was he trying to do? Thanks guys!

01