My stepson is distancing himself from me after turning 13. Did I do anything wrong?

Me and my stepson used to have very good relationship. We used to laugh and spend fun time together but, since he turned 13 he started to distance himself from me. He spends more time alone and whenever I try to ask him what's wrong he says that there is nothing and he only need time alone.

120

Most Helpful Guys

• Boys that age are changing rapidly, so it probably has to do with him entering puberty rather than anything to do with you.

• 3d

I just miss our old days together and now it's like we're strangers living at same home.

• 2d

He means a lot to me.

• 1d

Just let him know you're there for him when he's ready to hang out.

Thanks for the MHO

• Wow, so many of these answers are way out to lunch. That's crazy, but yeah... he's just going through the changes and growing up, he'll come around in time.. everyone goes through puberty in different ways.
    Just always be the cool step mom who loves him.

• 2d

Of course I love him and I'll be always there for him. I'm worried about him that's all.

Most Helpful Girl