Is it a sign of disinterest if he never initiates a texting conversation?

Is it a sign of disinterest if he never initiates a texting conversation?

I met a guy 2 weeks ago. I think he's interested in me and I think I like him too. I somehow got his number and started texting him. So far we've had some amazing conversations over text. Just one problem: I'm always the one who initiates a conversation. After I do, though, he's always really into it and he tries to keep the conversation going asking me questions about me and everything. I tried giving him some time to see if he'd start texting me, but so far he doesn't. I feel like I'm bothering him if I have to start the conversation every time :/

From what I've heard and seen so far he's a shy, sweet person.

Any advice? :)
  • Yes
    Vote A
  • No
    Vote B
  • Other (please comment)
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 6

• Well at least he’s responding, most guys have trouble doing that. I usually just don’t know what I want to say when initiating a conversation so let him know that he can ask you or tell you anything whenever he wants.

1|0
    0|0
  • He may be really into you but not really into texting. Did you ever consider. . . hold on. . . actually calling him on the phone?

1|0
    0|0
    • 4d

Calling? Isn't that what old people do? :p nah, I don't know him long enough for that yet... I have concidered asking him to meet somewhere, but I want to know a little more for sure that he's interested before I do that :x

• 4d

Life is short and you never know if today might be your last chance to seize an opportunity. You've gotta take a chance if you wanna find romance!

• 4d

Thanks 😊

• Me might be unsure whether you like him or not.

Or

It maybe because he isn't a fan of texting.

1|0
    0|0
    • 3d

Me*.
      Sorry for the typo.

• Show All
    • 3d

From what I have seen, guys like it better meeting irl. I hope that he takes the hint you sent him through text.
      Good luck!

• 3d

Thanks!

• It's not. If he is having interesting conversations with you, is , and isn't sending dry responses, he is likely into you. I think he's gotten used to you texting him first. I think you should stop initiating once and see if he responds first.

1|0
    0|0
  • It's not.

0|0
    0|0
    • 4d

Can you elaborate, please? 😊

• Show All
    • 3d

Yeah. And don't worry, if he keeps the conversation when you initiate it, he probably enjoys talking to you!

• 3d

Yeah, probably. I guess I'm just being insecure me again and wanting too much too fast xD and not seeing the positive

• No. Some people don't like texting.

0|0
    0|0
    • 4d

Fair enough, good point. But wouldn't you say he'd try to reach out in other ways if he liked me?

• 4d

Well I know I would, a phone call, a Skype message, something...

• 4d

Ah I see, thanks for your reply :)

What Girls Said 1

• Maybe he just isn't sure if you like him? And he doesn't want to scare you off? x

1|0
    0|0
    • 4d

Hmm.. could be πŸ€” thanks! He better stop trying not scaring me off then, because it is scaring me off xD

• 4d

I relate so much to u rn... My crush is the same. Don't give up!

• 3d

Thanks! I won't ^^ good luck with your crush too! Always good to meet someone who's going through the same thing

Recommended myTakes