I'm so confused... does he like me or not?

So I've had a thing for my best friend for a while. He broke up with his girlfriend a while ago, and I now collected all my courage to actively flirt with him. I know he liked me before he got together with his ex.

So, this is the situation:
• When we go out with friends, we often hold hands and he caresses my hand with his thumb.
• He looks me in the eyes and holds eye contact when we talk.
• Yesterday, I got pretty drunk and started caressing his chest under his shirt (he seemed to like it?)
• That same night he walked me home and held my hand the whole time (he also laid his head on my
shoulder).
• We text ALL the time, he tells me about his life a lot.
• BUT sometimes he seems a bit distant... as if he doesn't know if he REALLY likes me or not...
• He never had the courage to ask me out.

Do you think he likes me? How do I get him to confess? I really need to know, I'm slowly going crazy lmao

20