Was this a dumb thing to say to a guy?

I've become good friends with this guy. When we're talking face to face at some point, he asks what I'm thinking. I'm in love with him and with my current situation, it's not a good time to date. So I'm not exactly sure how to answer the question, but it really frustrates him. I usually tell him it's inappropriate to share. What the hell else am I supposed to say? Isn't answering honestly a bad idea?
Updates:
3d
After considering the answers given i have another approach. What if I asked what exactly he was looking for if anything? Isn’t that just opening a dialogue without hanging myself?

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 8

• Don't tell him you love him, but tell him you are having feelings for him, a LOT less pressure and you never said if it was a tiny amount of feeling or stage 5 clinger. So you aren't risking much.

0|1
    0|0
    • 4d

This advice is a consideration, but again the company of him is nice. Wouldn't you walk away from someone if you knew the relationship wouldn't happen?

• Show All
    • 3d

Thank you!

• 3d

Good luck.

Let us know what happens. I love when people get back to me an they are excited bc it worked out.

• I have found that honesty is the best way. I have been in a really bad jam with the law and I was honest and I managed to get out of it. I still accepted the punishment for the stuff I did do but was forgiven for the stuff I didn't do. And my punishment was half of what I could have gotten. The bitterest truth is better than the sweetest lie.

0|0
    0|0
  • Just be honest. If you tell him "it's inappropriate to share", there's no telling WHAT he is thinking!!!

0|0
    0|0
  • In love with him? Oh boy lol.
    I think you should just ask him out to hangout.

0|0
    0|0
  • Either he feels flattered or that you’re teasing him.

0|0
    0|0
  • Since when is honesty bad?

0|0
    0|0
    • 4d

Since I know I am a VERY sensitive person I make sure I don't gather people up in my sensitivity. I have my reasons not to open my mouth about it. I quite enjoy the casual company.

• Show All
    • 4d

it's not lying though.

• 4d

Sure it is

• Honesty is always the best policy.

0|0
    0|0
  • Share what

0|0
    0|0
    • 4d

Have you ever talked to someone and had all kinds of romantic thoughts invade your brain without real control over it. Apparently, my face does this at some point when I talk to him. So he asks about it.

• 4d

I only fuck girls I truly love rest just blow. And that's a lot

What Girls Said 2

• Not sure what is your problem here. If you can't date him, just tell him so.
    You loved him but yet can't date him for whatever reason, so you leave him hanging in midair with no explanation. Why are you torturing yourself and him like that?

0|0
    0|0
    • 4d

How is this torture to him? Oh and I'm used to torture. smh.

• Show All
    • 4d

@Factshurt, Yucychan is right. if there's no prominent reason not to date him (?) then go for it, dont hold back. if there is then its maybe more wise to step away a bit

• 4d

Makes sense

• I think he's just interested because you denied him the answer. He figures if he keeps asking you'll just tell him. I'm not certain he even knows what to expect. I had this happen. He felt judged and that's why he kept asking. If he hasn't made a move on you I'm not sure what the outcome would be if you told him you loved him. By now he should have taken a hint you at least liked him.

0|0
    0|0
    • 4d

yeah, but men are dumb af to translate signs and hints, most of us, if not all.. if she's not VERY obvious.

• 4d

It’s confusing because men get upset when they get accused of being oblivious. Here you are saying sometimes they suck at taking hints🤔
      I guess I’ll just gently bring it up to him and see what he says.

Recommended myTakes