Why are men prejudice to transwomen but are fine with gay guys?

I often hear men on here refer to transwomen as "it" and state that they have a mental disorder. At the same time these men do not refer to gay men this way or consider homsexuality as a mental disorder despite the fact that many years ago DSM-4 had listed homosexuality as a mental disorder. So can someone shed light on why men seem more prejudice and hateful to transwomen but are fine with gay men?

144

Most Helpful Guys

• "1. You don't have to be afraid of making physical contact."
    We don't make physical contact with other males unless necessary or when greeting each other. You're a guy so the same applies to you.

"2. You don't have to ignore us as girlfriends."
    I ignore other guys as girlfriends because they don't meet the 'girl' part in the 'girlfriend.' You're a guy so the same applies to you.

I mean, I suppose congrats on transitioning so well that you look just like a girl and I wouldn't have guessed otherwise if I hadn't been told, but you're still a guy.

"Sometimes guys ignore me and it makes me feel different."

"Its okay to ask questions so long as they come from a place of love."
    Un, not everyone who is curious is also kindhearted. For some it's just to sate their lack of knowledge but nothing more.

"It shows dedication if you can educate yourself on it."
    Ironic, coming from someone living in denial.

"4. Who cares what your friends think?"
    Literally everyone with a social circle?

"Trans girls are not your experiment"
    So wait... you're experimenting with your sexuality, presumably with other people, but people can't experiment with you? What if a guy just wants to find out if he's willing to date a dude with tits or not?

"We don't want to be defined by the trans label"

That is literally what NPCs do all the time.
    ---
    But okay, joking aside, the dude is still young and naive and believes that his 'transition' was the right thing to do and if that makes him happy then good for him. But to expect others to go along with the delusion is nuts.

• I'm following on the strength of this reply alone.
      I couldn't have said it better

• Just as they are free to live their lives as they see fit, so am I - and I'm only interested in genetic females with their original female parts.

The fact that they have altered their appearance to conform to their feelings does not obligate me to be attracted to them.

Most Helpful Girl

• Probably there are just some who don't see transwomen as real women. Gay guys still identify as a guy but are just homosexual.