Why on earth did he say this out of the blue?

Why on earth did he say this out of the blue?

So here we go
I am married and he knows (in a bad marriage but a marriage)
I have known him for at least 5 years
We used to be co-workers and now he is one of my dearest and most trusted friends
I have seen him twice in 2018- went to visit with him and we had a great time as FRIENDS
We live far away (different US states)

WHY TELL ME "LOVE YOU"? He said when he called me last - I kinda just wrote it off as something he says when he gets off the phone
THEN he WROTE it in a message. UGGGH

WTF is going on? LOL... help me out and take the poll and of course feel free to leave a personal opinion as well
  • He Means "Love You"
    Vote A
  • He is just saying something
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 0

Be the first guy to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

What Girls Said 1

• To be honest if he loved you as a man loves a woman I would expect him never ever to say anything remotely close to that OR if he wants to let you know then I would expect him to say it clearly. This way it sounds like girls chat with their girl friends and say that they love them. So maybe he means as a friend? Maybe you've been down and he is trying to cheer you up?

0|0
    0|0
    • This is what I need help with:
      "To be honest if he loved you as a man loves a woman I would expect him never ever to say anything remotely close to that OR if he wants to let you know then I would expect him to say it clearly. "
      What does THAT mean. So if a guys tell you "love you" it does NOT mean "love you"? How would he say it clearer than that?

• Clearer would be when you wouldn't have to post here about what he means. He would have said I love you in context that is absolutely clear.

Recommended myTakes