Is your masculinity "fragile"?

Apparently mine is, I've been told by a Tumblrina.
Updates:
I meant for this tongue-in-cheek question to be directed towards men, but I wanted female opinions as well.

Not implying my female follows/followers had any type of masculinity. Haha.

0|1

Most Helpful Girl

• No one has ever commented on my masculinity (or femininity) so I have no idea. I can guarantee that I wouldn't care if someone did say it was "fragile" though. Especially since I have no idea what that even means or how it's measured. lol

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Women on Tumblr are the experts and arbiters of masculinity, what it means to be a male and how you should feel as a man.

0|2
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 13

• I appreciate the masculinity I have.
    I’ve never been one to look down on a dude if he wasn’t super masculine. I do like the men I date to be more masculine but at the same time wouldn’t be opposed to dating a dude who wasn’t lol.
    Super confused yet?
    The dudes with fragile masculinity are the ones who haven’t accepted who they are yet

0|0
    0|0
  • I mean, I don't have masculinity because I'm a woman, but I can safely say I'm very self confident so no?

1|0
    1|0
    • Haven't seen you for quite a while.

• School does take up a lot of time, just browsing while writing my cases for this upcoming month's national debate topic.

• Anything but. My mascuininty is such that I’ve got the game on with my hand in my pants pounding back brewskis while I watch hair grow on my chest. oh, and I’m grunting, burping and farting too.

0|1
    0|0
  • Lol... Now how would someone be able to gauge that? Sounds made up

1|0
    0|0
  • haha, it is if her comment affected you as much as to post this question. but it's alright, there are many guys like that. I wonder how many of them recognizes... hmm

0|0
    0|1
  • I don't consider myself masculine in any way, some people seem to believe otherwise though. I consider myself very independent, goal-oriented, hard-working and kinda tough. It's part of my personality and it doesn't make me question my feminity tbh

0|0
    0|0
  • My masculinity is far more stable than my husbands:)

0|2
    0|0
  • I have too much masculinity. I've been called a dude many times

0|0
    0|0
  • I've been told i have too much masculinity...

0|1
    0|0
    • Eh, it's ok, we all have different traits that could be considered masculine or feminine.

• I hope so lol

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes...

0|0
    0|0
  • It is😞😟

0|0
    0|0
  • Well, since I’m a chick...

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 39

• Without context, no one can say. Without knowing you personally, you and I could never properly evaluate that question.

Tumblrina doesn't know you from a gopher's ass. Let it go, brother.

0|1
    0|0
  • Tumblrina, lmao!

I'd have to have that defined to really be able to give an answer, but it sounds like a load of bollocks to me.

'Fragile'? I don't suppose this idiot was able to articulate what she meant?

0|1
    0|0
  • My impression is that these statements are made by hostile women who need to boost their ego by putting you down in a way that they think can't be denied. If you protest and argue that you are not fragile you are just proving that you are too fragile to handle criticism.

Reply: "Either I have a fragile ego or you are a hostile woman who can't admit it and you need to criticize others to feel good about yourself."

0|1
    0|0
  • I'm curious if Tumblrina. is on GAG, but maybe I'm better off not knowing.
    I don''t think my masculinity is fragile. I never put the toilet seat down.
    I once sold my mobile home. A woman realtor came to see it:
    Realtor: Can I ask you a question?
    Chet: Sure.
    Realtor: Why are all oft the doors to your kitchen cupboards open?
    Chet: Cuz it's easier to grab shit.
    Realtor: OK. That's exactly what my husband says.
    Chet: I adore women, but they ain't very smart.

1|0
    0|0
  • When someone says your masculinity is fragile, what that usually means is that you don't want to do something girly. By their logic, if you don't want to do feminine things you're less masculine, and a man who is fine with doing feminine things is more masculine. It's chick-logic - makes no fucking sense.

0|0
    0|0
  • If anything is fragile with me it's my patience with people

2|2
    0|0
  • She is ObViOuSlY so knowledgeable about the subject and should totally be saying who's masculine or not.

A misandristic woman is perfect for this role.

( I bet she hasn't even looked at the dictionary when it comes to masculine)

0|0
    0|0
  • It's funny how women really like to attack where it hurts the most.

I see it as a shit test, nothing more.

0|0
    0|0
  • Physically I'm very strong yes , I can fight back very well I think I'm masculine , but my weak points are my inner self , you can never defeat my physically unless you start a verbal fight

0|0
    0|0
  • When I was younger I would say that my masculinity was more fragile in the sense of sex, but I'm over that now.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, not at all. Mine is beyond solid - like blue steel actually. Oh, not the dick...
    You need to reach a place where you 'outcome independence' in all things. That means you really don't give a fuck how it turns out - you're good no matter what. You accept the results of your decisions. This frees you to act and say and choose with total disregard of what it will produce. You know you'll be good no matter what.

That said, never do anything you'll have to apologize for. Just never be sorry. Sure, if you really fuck up, an apology is owed, but that's like trying to put a genie back in a bottle - it usually just doesn't work, this are as they are.

This is especially true with women. Just never do anything you'll be sorry for - always act in good faith, and LEAD. They'll follow you around like a puppy dog if you do this.

0|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't say it's fragile. I would call it more flexible. I'm usually masculine, but every once in a while I would ditch it to get a laugh or two.

0|0
    0|0
  • for myself, i don't think so, i know a dude who thinks he's higher than he actually is.

0|0
    0|0
  • 1) I do not believe in masculinity/femininity. One can be manly, womanly, androgynous or neither.

2) My manliness is untouchable. OK, not literally but as long as I have my dick and testicles healthy and functional nothing is going to change about my manliness.

3) These days men are tending to be weak and intimidated by strong and independent women, who happen to earn even just a dollar more than they themselves do. These boys immediately feel "emasculated" as they say. This may be part of the modern natural selection process.
    Strong and independent women are awesome.

0|0
    0|0
  • No. I wear makeup and fishnets, my masculinity prevails. It is maybe the most robust ever.

0|0
    0|0
  • My masculinity is quite large and sturdy. Thanks for asking.

0|0
    0|0
  • Tumblr and it's users can go tumble under a moving bus as far as I'm concerned. Fuck those guys.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope, I am not a manly man but neither am I a feminine one; I can do almost all of the male chores around and outside of the house that is expected of a man, I even have the Dad voice, but I also have a very soft side and I enjoy very stereotypical female things like shopping and cooking. The voices of Tumblr and it's feminazis (the actual bad side of feminism) will call a man fragile for doing literally anything that men have been expected to do for generations because in their eyes we are only doing those things so a woman doesn't have to

0|0
    0|0
  • Can i ask in what sense?

Question seems interesting, may be i shall learn more about myself 😂

0|0
    0|0
  • If someone calls me gay or a Swede, it chips away at my soul.
    So I guess.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've been called harmless by a police woman. So I guess it is🐧

0|0
    0|0
  • Probably as fragile as female femininity

1|1
    0|0
  • Yup, I'm kinda a sensitive male

0|0
    0|0
  • Huh?

0|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't say so

0|1
    0|0
  • I do not listen to women most are stupid
    and lie

1|0
    1|0
  • any tumblirna is a toxic cancerous person anyway

1|0
    0|0
  • No, not fragile. 🤣

0|0
    0|0
  • Not really. I defend my masculinity.

0|0
    1|0
  • Nah I don't take myself too seriously.

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

Recommended myTakes