Why do men feel that women aren't oppressed anymore?

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Women are not oppressed at all.
    I won't lie some job places still hire men over women. But this does not mean your opressed.
    Women drive cars, Women can wear what they want, Women can vote, There are Women Senstors,
    Women have library cards, Women can shoot guns, Women can vote, Women can march the streets, Women get equal pay, Women have the right to speek.
    Enough said your not oppressed unless your feminists and democrats who make up lies.

3|6
    2|0
  • How are women oppressed?

You are allowed to go to university; and do at rates higher than men, yet still receive gender-specific scholarships. You are a tiny percentage of workplace fatalities, and a tiny percentage of the homeless population. You aren't required to register for the draft in order to vote. It is illegal to discriminate against you based on gender. Once you account for prison rapes, you're a minority of the rape victims. You're a minority of the victims of violent crime. You're preferred at a rate of 2:1 for hiring in STEM fields (which remain majority male only because the majority of STEM graduates are male - women flock to psychology, sociology, etc.)

How are you oppressed? Because you buy that 79¢ to tge dollar statistic, which compares a full-time doctor with a part-time nurse tgen tries to say it's "equal work"?

You are perhaps the most privileged class in history, outside of monarchs, and yet you cry victimhood.

1|8
    1|0

Most Helpful Girls

• Because they aren't blind, or dumb enough to fall for some women who victimize themselves. We're not oppressed, if anything we have more rights than men. I will say in some countries like Pakistan and all those countries where women are just now getting to drive, get stoned to death for speaking out of turn, can't even dance in public or where what they want they are oppressed I would think. But the thing is women who call themselves oppressed are not the ones who actually are its ones who feel like the world owes them something and have their head so far in the clouds they can't see how good they have it. So to summarize this be grateful, Blessed and stop trying to push an idea that doesn't exist.

3|21
    1|0
    • I am actually curious to what makes you think we are oppressed, instead of thumbing down the opinions that don't fit your question and only likening the ones that agree with you, could you possibly give an example of how women are oppressed and I am not talking about the women in the obvious oppressed countries. I would just like to get broader explanation.

• Show All
    • I too remarked my suspicion of fowl play.

• Someone who gets it!!

• We aren't.

Women confuse men being sentient, authorative, opinionated beings for "oppression," against them, but then go on for days about how sexy an intelligent, dominant and independent man is.

Its really counter intuitive, and women, especially entitled American women, want something to cry about.

How about the women who aren't allowed to go to school in other countrie? The arranged marriages? The retaliation and stubborn resistance they face when trying to exercise their rights?

We dont have stones thrown at us for talking against a male dominated government.

American women are spoiled brats, who want the world to focus on a fucking.15 pay gap vs laws that force women to be punished for not covering themselves lol

Brats.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 55

• Oppression:
    prolonged cruel or unjust treatment or control.

• the state of being subject to unjust treatment or control.

Cruel:
    willfully causing pain or suffering to others, or feeling no concern about it.
    Unjust:
    not based on or behaving according to what is morally right and fair.

I feel like plenty of women around the world are oppressed, however after looking at the definitions it becomes clear to me that western society has been counteracting the oppression that once existed, and now I would need to be shown evidence that the average woman in the west is still oppressed in order to believe it. This question is like asking why white people feel that black people aren't slaves anymore. Well... laws and societal views changed so significantly, it's so radically different from the days of slavery that I need to see current evidence of slavery in order to say black people are still oppressed and enslaved.

So my question to you is... why should I, or anyone else, think women are oppressed in countries like the uk, usa, Canada, australia, norway, sweden, etc.

0|1
    1|0
  • Women aren't oppressed in the United States, yes there are things to be improved but there are just as many that need to be improved for men too at this stage. And women refuse to even consider that there are gender related issues men face and need to be addreessed too.

1|5
    1|0
  • If you are oppressed you would not be having a smart phone asking this question on this page. Got it.

1|7
    1|1
  • She gets benefits from the State just for having a pussy and complains about oppression. What about responsibilities? Do you like having one of those or should the men do everything for you because they are so much oppressive?

0|5
    2|0
  • because the simple fact that you can even post this stupid question tells me enough.

3|6
    1|0
  • Because in relation to its larger context its absolutely false. The narrative is the women are wearing shackles and whipped by men into servitude which is just hysterical. No one is talking nuance here. That should be inferred and if it is not than the question itself is suspect of deception.

0|0
    0|0
  • Shut the fuck up. I hope you do get oppressed. You're so fucking annoying.

2|6
    3|0
  • In most of the world, they aren't. It's only in places that most Western feminists don't care about.

1|7
    1|0
  • The vast majority of women, in non extremist countries, just aren't oppressed or the oppression is so wrapped up in 1st world privilege that the "oppressive act" is so trivial that is often over looked by anybody those with the same, often fringe, viewpoint. There of course are those women that do experience actual oppression but those cases are either not reported to the right authorities or just simply never found out about.

0|1
    0|0
  • Women have more rights than men in the USA and men are the ones that are oppressed.
    It would be better if all the lying feminist idiots went and lived in the middle east, then spew their stupid lies and watch what happens to them. That is what they deserve.

0|0
    2|0
  • Women have and will always be oppressed.
    Not because women are actually being oppressed but because it's really easy to manipulate women with fake information and statistics. Women are extremely gullible and adopt a men vs woman type of mentality.

There's plenty more I could add but fuck it.

0|0
    2|0
  • do you even go outside and talk to other women? i mostly talk to women these days and believe me there's no oppression. i think things are pretty even espeically if i can relate to women more easily than men.

0|2
    1|0
  • They still are in many cases. But I guess men feel like they no longer are because the now stand up for them self more then before. And Instead of adapting they complain about they can't do anything anymore because they believe everything thing they do is wrong in the eyes of a woman. Just meaning that the men that thinks like this are the men that still have not understood how demening some of the things they do and say are.

0|1
    0|1
  • Can't deal with close-minded feminism. I'm not even gonna argue this.

0|6
    1|0
  • Well in theory you are not there is no longer any distinction in law between what a woman can do and a man. Arguably cultural issues still hold a woman down, but in many guys minds women should settle for legal equality.

0|1
    0|0
  • Because they aren't? Please don't come at me with some 3rd world country reply..

1|5
    0|0
  • Both sexes have their advantages and difficulties but I don't think women have a seriously overall more oppressed life. I think it's the opposite in many ways.

0|0
    0|0
  • Men are more oppressed than women. And men aren't that oppressed. That's why

0|5
    0|0
  • Because it's very hard for any individual to become aware of the ways that they are privileged in society. You have to swallow a lot of pride to be able to say "my life is easier than other people's".

The other issue is that everybody wants to believe that the world is simple and that either "girls have it harder" or "guys have it harder".
    Overall I'd personally say yes girls are oppressed but many girls are still unaware of the ways that they have privilege over guys.

The truth always lies somewhere in the middle

0|4
    0|0
  • The only oppression that you may feel is from sheer (stupitity , entitlements or princess syndrome.

2|3
    3|0
  • In the Arabic/ African places women are.

But when people talk about it they usually mean the west.

In the west you actually have more rights than men.

You have little ground to complain.

0|0
    0|0
  • That's not true
    Liberal men think American women are oppressed
    and Conservative men think Muslim women are oppressed

Only one of those is true

0|0
    0|0
  • Women use a lot of dildos now. Unrealistic big dicks.

0|2
    1|0
  • Because in Western countries, if you look around, women have it way better than men.

0|1
    0|0
  • Because third wave feminism killed any kind of opression you had

0|2
    0|0
  • Because I do not see any oppressed women around me.

0|2
    0|0
  • Because they aren't and they have never truly been oppressed either.

0|1
    2|4
  • Becayse they aren', and no proof has so far been presented to show that they are.

0|0
    0|0
  • You can only use an argument for so long.

1|8
    2|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 9

• Cause it's easy to not notice it when it isn't happening to you.

1|2
    2|16
  • Because in the first world countries, we're not.

1|17
    1|0
  • Because in most parts of the world, women aren’t.

4|25
    1|0
  • Most men haven't lived the life. For us trans women there's never a shortage of surprises.

0|0
    0|1
  • Because they aren’t.. in the U. S at least

0|3
    0|0
  • I AM NOT OPPRESSED... y'all crazy

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't know but we are

0|0
    3|20
    • Show All
    • Yea oppression of women is a sad thing that has been going on for way too long.

• The same applies to race too and other identity politics. People often do feel they don't need to exist. Why this is I'm not sure but I guess it's because we all suffer at an individual level first.

0|0
    0|0
  • Actually, plenty of them know damn well we are. They just want to keep it that way.

0|0
    1|1

Recommended myTakes