Why do men feel that women aren't oppressed anymore?

1157

Most Helpful Guys

• Women are not oppressed at all.
    I won't lie some job places still hire men over women. But this does not mean your opressed.
    Women drive cars, Women can wear what they want, Women can vote, There are Women Senstors,
    Women have library cards, Women can shoot guns, Women can vote, Women can march the streets, Women get equal pay, Women have the right to speek.
    Enough said your not oppressed unless your feminists and democrats who make up lies.

• How are women oppressed?

You are allowed to go to university; and do at rates higher than men, yet still receive gender-specific scholarships. You are a tiny percentage of workplace fatalities, and a tiny percentage of the homeless population. You aren't required to register for the draft in order to vote. It is illegal to discriminate against you based on gender. Once you account for prison rapes, you're a minority of the rape victims. You're a minority of the victims of violent crime. You're preferred at a rate of 2:1 for hiring in STEM fields (which remain majority male only because the majority of STEM graduates are male - women flock to psychology, sociology, etc.)

How are you oppressed? Because you buy that 79¢ to tge dollar statistic, which compares a full-time doctor with a part-time nurse tgen tries to say it's "equal work"?

You are perhaps the most privileged class in history, outside of monarchs, and yet you cry victimhood.

Most Helpful Girls

• Because they aren't blind, or dumb enough to fall for some women who victimize themselves. We're not oppressed, if anything we have more rights than men. I will say in some countries like Pakistan and all those countries where women are just now getting to drive, get stoned to death for speaking out of turn, can't even dance in public or where what they want they are oppressed I would think. But the thing is women who call themselves oppressed are not the ones who actually are its ones who feel like the world owes them something and have their head so far in the clouds they can't see how good they have it. So to summarize this be grateful, Blessed and stop trying to push an idea that doesn't exist.

• I am actually curious to what makes you think we are oppressed, instead of thumbing down the opinions that don't fit your question and only likening the ones that agree with you, could you possibly give an example of how women are oppressed and I am not talking about the women in the obvious oppressed countries. I would just like to get broader explanation.

• I too remarked my suspicion of fowl play.

• Someone who gets it!!

• We aren't.

Women confuse men being sentient, authorative, opinionated beings for "oppression," against them, but then go on for days about how sexy an intelligent, dominant and independent man is.

Its really counter intuitive, and women, especially entitled American women, want something to cry about.

How about the women who aren't allowed to go to school in other countrie? The arranged marriages? The retaliation and stubborn resistance they face when trying to exercise their rights?

We dont have stones thrown at us for talking against a male dominated government.

American women are spoiled brats, who want the world to focus on a fucking.15 pay gap vs laws that force women to be punished for not covering themselves lol

Brats.