A guy called me ugly?

disclaimer I’m already feeling fragile enough right now so if your coming on here to say “well maybe you are” then just kindly leave. I was absent on Friday and my friend called me as soon as she got home from school because apparently guys were talking shit about me at lunch. My homecoming date claimed he was forced to take me and he felt bad for me because I’m “ugly as fuck” and after saying this other guys at the table began to agree. Now I know myself, I know I’m not ugly, and I feel good about my appearance as a whole I actually think I’m very attractive and others would agree because I’ve had many guys approach me ask for my number etc. I just don’t understand why these guys would say such a thing. And I’m not gonna lie it hurts really bad. I’m also wondering where do I go from here, do I confront them, do I act like the bigger person. I just don’t know I’m in tears right now thinking about this. Why are people so cruel?
2d
Also, the guy who said this literally approaches me on a daily basis at school and tries to start conversation

510