How do you get a man to be romantic with you?

I never had a man truly try a be romantic with me. Okay maybe I've had a couple guys Serenade me but I just felt uncomfortable especially because it was in public and it felt like it was more about them than me. Apart from that as much romance I've ever gotten was sharing a packet of Cola bottles with him when I asked for lemon sherbet and getting a bottle of fanta bought for me.

I've always wanted a man to sweep me off my feet and treat me like his princess but that's a far cry from reality but I see other girls get this type of attention from men so I wonder what they must be doing to get him to be romantic and charming with them. I've always been one of them girls who hates Valentines days and spends the night watching Bridget Jones eating Ben and Jerry's but I'd genuinely get really emotional even if a guy just bought me flowers.

1|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 22

• Do you let him get physical straight away with you?

1|0
    0|0
  • I mean, I'm Dutch, we are very well known for not being romantic 🤣 That said, I would like to do those cliché dating things like going on cutesy dates, eating icecream together and buying flowers and such.. Haven't gotten that close with a girl yet though!

0|0
    0|0
  • Well h has to naturally be a romantic but if you're talking about romance novels and movies kind of romance yeah I don't think many if any guys would want to be that and it would have the be a pretty damn good gift from God kind of woman for a man to willingly do that crud

0|0
    0|0
  • Women set the tone for things like that in relationships. If you want your guy to be romantic, you have to give him reasons to be excited about trying to please you.

0|1
    0|0
  • Most of being romantic is a learned behavior. The whole idea of being a gentleman is looked down on by Hollywood and the Media as a result younger males don't have good roll models and are not being taught how to treat a lady with honor and respect.

0|0
    0|0
  • You haven't met a gentlemen yet. I go all out or try to do my best. I love opening the doord helpimg my date with her chair. Love to tell her sweet words in her ears. Im so darn romantic.

0|0
    0|0
    • 6d

The last guy I was interested claim to be a gentleman but when it came to the real stuff he was just a coward and denied ever being interested and was just being that way with me because he's a "gentleman"

• 6d

Yeah those type of guys annoy me makes the rest of us look bad.

• Be sweet and submissive towards him. To be romantic it takes a certain chemistry between the two of you. How you carry yourself will have a big effect.

0|0
    0|0
  • flirt with him, tell him up front what you're interested in. drop subtle hints

1|0
    0|0
  • Once you get into a relationship with a guy you will need to communicate this requirement. The 5 love languages talk about how we show affection and attention to our SO so that they feel loved and appreciated. Pick your top 2 languages and tell your SO this is how you want them to treat you when they feel romantic. Here is a practical list of how to be romantic with each language -- www.engagedmarriage.com/.../ Of course your fantasy is for Prince Charming to read your mind and sweep you off your feet like the movies.. this is real life and you only get what you ask for.

0|0
    0|0
  • U need to be in a relationship , a movie or a guy should be crazy in love with you like how it happens In movies.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm straight ma'am, i would not get a man to be romantic with me😂😂..

0|1
    0|0
  • Hmm tricky one the guy could also feel the same and want to be romantic but not know how try asking him communication is key in your situation I think

0|0
    0|0
  • You sound like you just can't be pleased so get over your feelings

0|0
    0|0
  • Be user-friendly.

You've had guys be romantic "in the wrong way". You've had guys be unromantic.

Then you say you want him to "sweep you off your feet" and treat you like a princess. WTF does that mean in the 21st century?

Be specific.

Also, bear in mind that a) women only want these things from a tiny minority of attractive guys, and want the rest of men to get lost, and b) women hate being condescended to, and plenty of women interpret gallantry and chivalry as condescending, and c) you yourself described how uncomfortable you felt being serenaded.

Getting it right with girls is a fucking minefield.

0|0
    0|0
  • The romantic who swears like a sailor. 😂

Your a complex individual Alice.

0|0
    0|0
    • 6d

FYI you can’t force a guy to be romantic. He either is or is not. Sometimes the guy your with May surprise you, other times they won’t.

• Life isn't a movie you should lower your standards or you are going to be dissatisfied

0|0
    0|0
    • 6d

Tried that one and still got treated like shit what a superise

• 6d

Maybe u need to take a break from dating you seem to have negative view of it currently

• 6d

I am but I'm trying to learn from my past mistakes

• Date a romantic man like me😂

1|0
    0|0
  • You need a poet ;)

0|0
    0|0
  • you look 14, not 20.

0|0
    0|0
  • You don't. He'll be if he feels like it

0|0
    0|0
  • Romance is over rated.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on your definition of romance.

Most girls just want him to show up randomly with a bouquet of flowers and candy, but, other girls like it a little different.

Why they're not being romantic with you, I don't know. I believe it's likely because they're broke. Isn't that why women date men? They have money!

0|0
    0|0
    • 4d

No last guy I was interested practically didn't have a penny to his name and he treated me like shit

• 4d

Well, you get what you pay for. If something is $1, it's likely going to fall apart, pretty quickly, right?

What Girls Said 4

• I don't know. Most of the guys I date are pretty really romantic by nature. Tell him to treat you like a D&D princess.

1|1
    0|0
    • 6d

That would only work on Jordan 😅 and he's not even interested anymore

• 6d

Drop the D&D part and have one of your friends suggest it to the guy you like. If he likes you, it’ll work wonders.

• I don’t, my boyfriend does it naturally even though he lives in another country

0|0
    0|0
  • I think that if he is, he is, and if he's not, he won't be.

0|0
    0|0
  • good post) really

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes