Do men get more competitive with other men when there’s a female present?

I thought this only happened between females. They usually compare each other and are passive aggressive and competitive when there’s a male present
  • Males are more competitive with each other
  • Females are more competitive with each other
  • Equally
    Vote C

1856

Most Helpful Guys

• Yes, perhaps in many situations. It be a involuntary/primal thing, where the men don’t consciously know that they’re trying to look better or show that they’re superior in some way to the other men, when an attractive or desirable woman is present. It might be small stuff like making jokes or teasing other men, showing, in some way that they’re superior, or body language like trying to posture in certain respects to show off better aspects of their body or make themselves bigger. I don’t know if this is a super common thing, but it does happen for sure in many situations and what I’ve labeled out above are some of the things men will demonstrate but not all

• Yep definitely true. And if you're the one talking to her, the other guy will try to bust his way into the conversation to try to be the dominant voice. I usually solve this by ignoring him and trying to keep the girl focused on me. And other times if need be I will give the guy a look just as he heads our way to let him know "You better not even try it."

Most Helpful Girls

• What bothers me is when guys insult one another playfully to get a girl attention.

It’s happened to me, when a group of guys and I are talking enjoying ourselves. Some guy has to point out another guy embarrassing moments or dark secret just to lower him to win my affection. Which really, makes me uncomfortable and I feel bad for the other guy who did nothing wrong but have a conversation with me.

• Where I live bitches will throw down if u accidentally look at her man. lmfao Also, guys around here will fight their best friends bc they talk shit about fucking each others gf's.

Everybody is potentially all equally as fucked up as they allow themselves to be.