Why do SOME men sexually harass women in the forms of: cat calling and sexual leering?

Out on the streets for a woman, it’s possible for any stranger man to pass by you and make a creepy remark, or just plain stare at you like you’re a piece of meat or some object. It’s not a compliment, as women have POPULARIZED these acts as sexual harassment and bothersome. I feel like these men don’t care about what she looks like, they don’t want to compliment her, they want to make her feel unsafe and gross inside. They want to harm her. Leering at someone inappropriately is creepy and invasive. What do you think? Why do SOME men sexually harass women in the forms of: cat calling and sexual leering?

821

Most Helpful Girl

• People on here are crazy ASF lol.

Anyhow, cat calling doesn't really bother me I just think they're idiot's because any girl with sense isn't gonna want to talk to a guy that's catcalling her. I never once have been cat called and thought about giving the guys who did it the time of day.

And looks/leering doesn't bother me either. They aren't doing anything to me it's just awkward. So I can live with it. I can't help that. The only time I actually feel unsafe is when guys have actually grabbed me or sexually assaulted me. If you stay away from me do as you please but don't touch me and I'm fine.

• At the end of the day I feel like there is some stuff that just can't be helped. Cat calling and leering are just something some guys do. You can't change every single one of them and you don't have to teach them better. That's was their parents job and now their old enough to make choices for themselves.

If they choose to cat call and leering ignore it and move on.

Most Helpful Guys

• For the same reason some women do it.

It's generally the trash humans.
    You never see someone in a suit cat call, it's always the trash of society.
    It isn't a gender thing, it's a class thing.

But to put another perspective on it, women (14-40) generally dress in as little clothing as possible to try and get as much sexual attention as possible, but then want to pick and choose who it comes from. That's one of the most entitled narcissistic child mindset there is.

Why do SOME men sexually harass women in the forms of: cat calling and sexual leering?Why do SOME men sexually harass women in the forms of: cat calling and sexual leering?

Female who dress like this are attention whores and have no place or right to complain when they get that attention.

• Well, realistically there are two options.

1. Catcall.
    2. Be passive and reserved.

The latter conceal their desires and scheme. Most women find that worse.

You might say there is a third option, some kind of nuetral option, but that's really only authentic if the guy does not inmediately find you sexually attractive.

I mean, to avoid the manipulative nice guy phenomena men have to express their emotions with honesty.

Bigger issue is the fact that they honestly want to cat call you. That's a deeper question involving social programming and gender stereotype threat.