How should I make him feel better?

Realistically there is nothing I can do and that annoys me but here’s my situation...
I’m friends with someone who is a “celebrity” and It’s a horrible lifestyle. He can’t do anything right and the whole world judges him. When his dad died they told him “welcome to the real world, cheer up” and people saw his dads funeral as a way to meet him. He can’t do anything he used to like just quickly go to the shops, take the dog to the park, go to the local pub, go for a walk. And he says he misses his “old life” but when I ask him about it he says “it’s fine, it’s the life I chose” and I’ll say “no, you didn’t choose this, your just talented and enough people noticed” and he’ll laugh. He never sees his mum anymore and has lost childhood friends because he never has the time now to travel and see them. He really misses being able to see his mum every weekend. Whenever we are out people think we are dating. We went out for some drinks and I had to hide him under my coat and take him home because he was being sick and if anyone saw him he’d be ruined. Something simple like having one too many could ruin him. I can tell he’s sad he can’t see his mum anymore, I can tell he’s sad he’s lost friends from his past, I can tell he’s sad he can’t just walk up to a stranger and say “hi”anymore, I can tell he’s sad he can’t trust people 100% now, I can tell he’s sad that people don’t see him as human anymore, I can tell he’s sad that when he’s upset people feel the need to push him down further, I can tell he’s sad that on a regular basis the world is against him for no reason, I can tell he’s sad that he can’t do anything without someone criticising it. I can tell he’s hurting. I wanna help him or at least make him feel better, how?

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• lol all this and you dont mention who it is, very unsatisfying, maybe let him know that he can't have his old life back but he can treasure the things he use to do and make new experiences of it, besides if he does it publicly he doesn't have anything to hide and perhaps enjoy life more, he is missing what he jad and is trying to keep everything together to leave it how it was before but if he changes it up a little he can get good experiences by doing so, for example lets say he used to play basketball for example ane he used to like it and wishes he can go back to it just cause he has fame doesn't mean he has to stop, he can make new experiences and maybe volunteer in a community service event and help kids with disabilities play basketball, life is short and memories and experiences is what makes our life enjoyable, if he is always wasting time on feeling bad for not having his old life, it won't get his old life back so why even stress, better to just use that time to make new experiences and memories instead of living in the past

0|0
    0|0
    • 4d

He’s never directly said he’s sad but I can tell and I can’t say who it is sorry 😂

• Show All
    • 3d

then you have to wait for him to admit before you try helping, someday ask him whats wrong when he seems down and start from there

• 3d

Okay

Recommended myTakes