Guys, guys is he still serious about me if he says this?

my boyftiend says he does want a future with me and loves me a lot but is not ready to talk about marriage and stuff so is not ready for serious relationship like that, is this normal for him to have said and reasonable? he says he wants to take things just slower like i must not bring up the marriage and stuff

we broke up Friday and then this morning he called me saying he misses me and just is overwhelmed with every thing in his life and is not at a happy place in his life and that is also why he wants to take things easy with the relationship but wants a future with me, how does this sound?

1