Is saying 'i love you' during or after sex valid?

title says it all, and why?

28

Most Helpful Guy

• If you mean it, show it, and say it at other times, too, then it’s believable and honest. No problem whatsoever.

It’s not a good idea to say it for the first time during or immediately after sex because it comes off as a hormone-addled declaration. You’re “under the influence” just as much as if you were drunk, so it may come off as insincere. Also, if the person to whom it’s said isn’t all-in, it might be too much too soon. Let that person process their feelings about sex before hitting them with that.

• I have been with my boyfriend for 9 months none of us have said 'I love you' .
      I have never said I love you to any guy in my life in fact.
      I am scared of saying it so I said it vaguely after sex.. figure it may be bad idea

• he said the feeling was love during sex , I didn't fully understand what he meant , maybe he was saying I was not being genuine.
      and no we have done a lot for each other I think it's love even no one said it.

• Cool! I wouldn’t hesitate to tell him non-vaguely in a quiet moment then. I mean, it’s just stating out loud what you both know. It’s not going to scare him off and it will be taken as sincere. :)

Most Helpful Girl

• So long as you're sure you mean it. Probably not the best time to say it to someone if you've never said it to them before, but if you're in a loving relationship, of course, there's never a bad time to say it.