Do you ever feel like there’s nothing special about you?

It’s just something I’ve been thinking about lately. There really isn’t anything special about me. I don’t have that many friends, I’ve never been in a relationship, never had my first kiss, I’m still a virgin, I’m not one of the hottest guys out there, I still don’t know which career I want to pursue, and I’m not even rich. All I do in my free time is just play video games, listen to music, study, draw, and write stories. Some of my friends and even my parents will sometimes compliment me by saying that I’m a good person, that I’m handsome, and that I really do have a “gift” for drawing but I just don’t think that is enough. There’s always going to be someone who can draw better than me and who’ll look better than me. I don’t think there really is a significance to what I do. I’m just an average guy who is attending a community college and earning minimum wage. I don’t think I’m even worthy of a relationship and I don’t even bother to approach and talk to women because I know they’ll just reject me. Does anyone else feel the same way?Do you ever feel like there’s nothing special about you?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Stop comparing yourselves to others! No one is better than anyone else! You’re young and you still have a lot to experience of growing. I was the same way like you when I was in high school. I wasn’t the prettiest girl, or the most talented. I only had very few friends and most of the time I never went out, I just stayed home and wrote, listened to music, played games, and watched tv and movies. When it came to choosing a career, I realized I had a passion for music and film, so I went to an art school for film. I grew a lot of confidence and changed a lot. There’s always going to be someone better than you at whatever you pursue, but not in everyone’s eyes they’ll think see that. They might see your art and visions and see that you have the better talent of what they’re looking for. Everyone is unique. Just cause nothing big has happened in your life yet, doesn’t mean it won’t. Start gaining confidence but don’t be cocky. Just be you. Stop thinking that you’re not good enough, believe in yourself!

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Yes, I have felt that when I was about your age. I think your problem is not a quick fix but maybe if you listen to me... I have had a bunch of kisses with some of the most attractive women actually... but... my first kiss was when I was 26 whatttt? I'm not tall, I'm not fit, I'm not rich, but it's really not about looks. Many people will tell you they disagree but that's cuz attraction is largely misunderstood by both men and women. Learn some. And stop comparing yourself to other people. You're not in competition with anyone but yourself. Better yourself. And when you become better, make sure you stay humble and don't treat people like crap. Have a nice day!

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah self doubt is a bitch! Easiest way to get out of your funk is to force yourself to see at least a small measure of good in what you do, like your drawing for instance. Post it up online to art forums and embrace the critics and the well wishers.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• fuck yeah dude. i get you. but the thing is that there are very few people that were born with a cool special gift that makes them who they are. you're experiencing but almost everyone around our age experiences. be glad you're at least good at something. and as for looks? thats shit, it really doesn't matter than much. one thing you really have to stop doing though is comparing yourself to others. even if you aren't passionate about something, just try to be happy doing the things you love. life goes on and eventually you'll figure something out. best of luck dude. but i feel ya for sure

0|0
    0|0
  • Like a talent? No , what makes me rare is that I don't lie , say it like it is, have guts, loyal to God , and don't steal or murder people.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope.
    I am very special and different and sometimes its not a fuckin good thing hahahaha

0|0
    0|0
  • There’s nothing special about me either friend. We will be okay 🤷‍♀️😂

0|0
    0|0
  • That's a sign of depression.

0|0
    0|0
  • I can definitely relate

0|0
    0|0
  • I can relate

0|0
    0|0
  • I’m a basic

0|0
    0|0
  • All the time

0|0
    0|0
  • need to get some game

0|0
    0|0
  • There isn't anything special about most people

0|0
    0|0
  • I’m the same but I’ve fucked more girls than anybody I know

0|0
    0|0
  • You're a insipid ugly beta and that's why you're virgin.

0|0
    0|1

Recommended myTakes