Why the ridiculous obsession with a guy being a lot taller?

I understand being taller but when you're 5'4" does he really need to be 6'0+ that's 8 inches or more which is a lot taller. What's wrong with 5'6"+? I doubt you wear 8 inch heels. lol
Updates:
Safe. Haha I have a friend who's 6'4". He's pretty damn wimpy. I wonder if guys feel that big boobs protect them.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I once came across a bisexual woman's profile that said she was 5'2' and said she wanted a guy that was over 5'11. She then said "women I don't care how tall you are." Women are freaking weird.

0|4
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 12

• I prefer my guys to be at least 12 feet tall because I like moving around on stilts all the time.

And the idea of having someone potentially bending down over me and, like, forming a "rainbow" above my head makes me happy.

4|3
    0|1
  • It makes me feel more protected and I just like it.Most of my guy friends are athletes & it feels nice when I'm around them...

1|0
    0|4
    • Do you know who downs all of your answers?

• You?

haha I think I know who it is,should call that persons fake ass out,but I won't...

Why?

• Because I see them and there's nothing wrong with it sometimes not really even worth downing for disagreeing with an opinion and I'm just like wtf. lol It's not me!

• i dunno. I like tall men, I'm 5'2" the boyfriend is 5'11" :]

0|0
    0|1
    • Does the gap have to be that much? Would you date a guy that's like 5'6" or just for the sake of regular height difference, 5'4"?

• well I'm not with him for his height. lol. but I do generally like the taller guy. but I'm good with anyone 5'6 up, I don't wear heels either

• because all girls we want to feel really feminine when were with our guy and when he's taller it just feels right , but doesn't matter as long as they are 2 inches taller I don' think anyone would mind :)

0|0
    0|1
  • I'm 5'7 and currently seeing a guy who's 6'5. I'm really attracted to how tall he is and I don't know why! It's just instinct for most girls to want to be with guys a fair amount taller than them.

0|0
    0|1
  • Actully I'd rather be with someone closer to my height but who still is taller, like 5,7+ maybe. (I'm 163cm / 5,4

0|1
    0|1
  • I wouldn't want them super tall but it doesn't matter. As long as they are not the same height but even 1-2in is fine with me (btw I'm 5'4")

0|1
    0|1
    • finally someone reaasonable

• ya I don't understand why someone would want like 8in dif cause then it would be awkward when they kiss or even hold hands.

• yeah you don't wanna look like a child next to a grown man smh :P

• It's hot. Makes me feel small.

0|0
    0|0
    • Well if you're already small then it makes you feel like a dwarf lol

• I'm fairly certain it's biological for women to want a taller mate, to feel more "protected" and "safe." I'm 5'6" and I don't totally discount someone if they're not over 6'+ that's ridiculous. I'd be happy with 5'8"+.

0|1
    0|1
  • i wondered the same thing.

i'm 5'5 and I don't expect 6'+... BUT

i do like taller for sure. I don't like the same height, and I don't like him to look short from afar lol. I say this because sometimes when I see guys from afar I think they're shorter than me, unitl I'm standing next to them and they are the same height or like an inch taller.

0|1
    0|1
  • For me, if a guy I shorter than me, he's either gonna be really scrawny or really stocky.

Neither of which I find attractive.

(I'm about five one and a half with thick-soled shoes on.)

But I don't need a guy to be, like, half a foot taller than me.

As long as I don't have to look down or straight to make eye contact, I'm all good.

One reason is because if he's smaller than me, I'll feel like I could beat him up (even if I couldn't) which would make me feel kinda weird and manish and awkward.

Also, our children would be shrimps.

I could not in good conscience be seriously involved with a man as small or smaller than me.

Those poor kids!

Plus, guys are just supposed to be bigger.

If you're going to be physically superior then be physically superior!

Be taller and stronger and faster than me, and I'll have nothing to say.

0|0
    0|2
    • Yeah but I said a lot taller. You said just regular taller is fine. It seems that a lot of girls need a guy to be 6 inches taller or more.

• i prefer taller men because I like to feel small compared to my man. I'm 5'6 so those short girls can go stuff it, tall girls need extra tall guys. I like what I like, sue me

2|1
    0|1

What Guys Said 6

• I never understood it either... I mean I thought girls were cool with it as long as the guy was taller than them... but no it turns out they measure how tall.. -_-

1|1
    0|0
  • Some crap about protection, blah blah blah, people are picky. That's about all there is to it.

0|1
    0|0
  • Hallucination?

I thought the Snackey one left!

And chicks don't make sense.

0|0
    0|0
  • i just wanted to say I'm so glad I'm 6'4". OK bye.

7|0
    0|4
  • I'm 5'6-5'7ish...forever alone :/

0|0
    0|0
  • so us 5'4" guys get the short end of the stick. great...

0|0
    0|0
    • haha Not many guys are that short and I think that's the average height for girls but there's still plenty that are shorter. Most of them are fine with the same height too.

• Not true! Honestly I don't think it matters if they're taller or not. I agree it usually does feel a little bit better that way, but if your right for each other you just are. I think an inch or two is sufficient, but ultimately I think its a stupid culture thing and not a reality thing.

Recommended myTakes