Boyfriend of 6 months said he needs to be alone as he has other priorities. He reached me yesterday. Pls see details. What should I do?

Boyfriend of 6 months told me last week that he needs some time alone and wants to take a break as he has other priorities mainly his career. When I met him he also looked sad and dull. I also dont see him much online on social media these days. He was a kind of person who used to be online all the time. He said he wants this relationship to work and only time will tell if we are meant to be together or not.. he says he knows its a loss for him if he loses me. He said he needs sometime. This happened last week.

And I got a text from him yesterday. He just commented on my pic and the way I look in it. So I don;t understand if he needs break and wants to be alone why is he trying to reach me? He has clearly told me he won;t take much efforts because of his priorities. So this confuses me. He is a great guy and I know he wouldn't be playing games with me. I donn know if he is confused or just considering me a friend now. I don;t wanna lose him and I am giving him all the space he needs. I have even stopped initiating contact after last week till he messaged me yesterday. I just replied to his text after that nothing.. what shall I do?
Dating

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• If I were you I'd keep doing what you're doing, giving him space.
    If he sent you a text yesterday you're foremost in his mind, it's likely his career is important to him and he's knows right now a relationship and career at the same time isn't a good idea. It happened to me, I was in a 2 year relationship with a great guy, we talked of marriage, it ended when I knew in my heart I couldn't be the girl he wanted and have a career.
    You guys will be okay just give him time he'll be back to you.

0|0
    0|0
    • 5 d ago

Shall I also initiate contact.. or wait till everything gets alright and is clear in his mind?
      I know his career is important but he said he won't put much efforts because of his priorities. Is this correct? I mean how does a relationship work without normal efforts. He also says he wants it to work. So how will it work if he doesn't put efforts. His statements contradict.

• strange possibility:

He's cheating and he feels guilty...

0|0
    0|0
  • He sounds like he wants to keep you as a friend and is a bit confused about where he is in life

1|0
    0|0
  • He reached out because he's keeping you dangling on the string just in case he can't find anyone hotter to go out with.

0|0
    0|0
  • How old is this guy?

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes