Was I ghosted or should I give it time?

I recently interviewed for an analyst position contracted to work in the SF/Bay area. So far in the past 3 weeks, I had two interviews:

1ist Interview: Interviewer A asked if I was interested in the position; described the position; gave the salary range. In the end, we set up a video-chat interview for the following week. The video-chat interview would include one additional person.

2nd Interview: I had the video-chat last Monday (May 6th). It went very well in my opinion. I was able to answer all of their questions and received positive feedback. They asked me when I could move out too! In the end, "Interviewer A" asked what my desired salary was. He told me to think about it and it was totally fine if I email him. Also, he didn't know if the tech company would require an assessment. He said that he would get back at the end of the week to see if there was an assessment.

That said, after the interview, I emailed him the salary range. I made sure it was within the range previously discussed. So far I haven't heard from either of them. I sent one follow-up email to "Interviewer A" yesterday and one follow-up email today to the second interviewer all expressing my interest in the position and inquiring on the status. All messages were extremely polite and professional. I haven't heard anything yet :(

My mom said that I got ghosted and rejected while my cousins that I need to give it more time. They think I'm being overly negative and that these processes take time.
  • Ghosted
    Vote A
  • Give it time
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• It's possible, but how long ago was the was the first email sent? It could be that they're just slow on the response. 2+ weeks of no contact (like not being sent to an additional interview or given a response or whatever) makes me doubtful though.

0|0
    0|0
    • 6 d ago

The first email to discuss interest was responded right away. However, to set up a time, it took him about 5 days to respond back.

As of now, the last email I sent him was about 2 days ago.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think I already answered this

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Ghosting is typically how companies respond to candidates they don't select for a job. It's pathetic and unprofessional but that's how it is.

When I do hiring, I send a letter on nice company letterhead explaining that they didn't get the job. And I do it quickly.

0|0
    0|0
  • people on here need to learn what words actually mean...

0|0
    0|0
  • Wait for couple of days

0|0
    0|0
    • 7 d ago

Then I should send something next week? If so, what should I send?

• 7 d ago

Dont send them anything , look for new job

• Wait for some time

0|0
    0|0
    • 7 d ago

How long would you wait for?

• Show All
    • 7 d ago

Then should I reach-out again or do nothing?

• 7 d ago

Dont reach out, they will feel you want it badly

Recommended myTakes