Guys, Men... do you play mind games to make your girl miss you?

Have you ever done any of these:

A) Be (or pretend to be) super busy to see if she will be into you more the next time you are together?

B) Broken up with her to gage her reaction on how devoted she was to you in general...
(i. e if she just blocks deletes you and moves on with her life... starts going out with other dudes.. or chilling with friends)

... only to reappear IF she seems like she missed you enough and will now give you more attention just to not lose you

C) pushed her away for a bit to see if she will quickly call it quits or stay sad until you want her back

If you haven't but know some men do this why exactly test the relationship to this degree?

11

Most Helpful Guys

• A - most guys know that girls like to be chased. However, a smart guy likes to also be chased and have the girl thinking about him so he may employ the "No Contact Rule" for short periods of time to get her to wonder what he's doing and who he is with. Works 95% of the time.

• 7 d ago

Hmm... it feels like my boyfriend is doing that except on an extreme scale...

• I've never done this and neither have most of my friends. The one guy I do know who does stuff like this has borderline personality disorder and he pulls "trust check" stuff in all of his relationships to the point of destroying them.

• 7 d ago

Borderline personality disorder?
      "Trust checks"
      Tell me more... sounds like my boyfriend.. who has just pulled this "it's over," mess but still is on my social media and our joint insta account looking at our pictures but not saying anything to me...

• 7 d ago

Borderline personality disorder is a type of mental illness that's developed in childhood and then stays with the person. The common things that come with is are not being able to trust relationships, your mood shifting very quickly, and not feeling comfortable in a stable environment.-(There are more traits but these are the ones relevant to the situation)

It causes issues in relationships because after a while they start to get worried their significant other wants to leave them. So they do "trust checks" until the partner really does leave them because it's too stressful to deal with.

If you could get him to go into therapy for it it would probably improve some but generally it's really hard to actually get them to go. In my friend's case multiple friends of his myself included tried to get him to go and he wouldn't have it. He didn't go until he ended up with a woman who also had borderline and they went together.

So if he really does fit this just know that if you want to try and stay with him it'll be years of this and then years of therapy. It's up to you if that's worth it.

• 7 d ago

Thanks for all of that information. Really helpful and sounds exactly like him. He has started a severe paranoia and trust problem.. he flipped out because I went to get groceries while he slept. We had a fall out then as if he was possessed he started to tell me to leave him alone.. he wouldn't let me hug or kiss him.. then he out burst and said he can't do this anymore... for the beginning of the week he has been cold and distant to me.. i tried to have him reconsider this breakup he was adament about it... says he will pack my things... mothers day triggered him because he is away from his family... i love him but he is pushing me away... he won't entirely get rid of me im on his social media pages like i mentioned before... he keeps snooping around.. i tried to ask him to go for coffee and he said he was busy... there's something wrong with him but he won't let me in...