Why would a guy still want to be my friend after he rejected me? (Men please answer)?

Okay so I have been really close friends with a guy for a little over 7 months now. We’ve never been physically intimate but we were emotionally. He flirted with me all the time, called me beautiful and other endearing names, we had so much in common, and we could talk to each other about anything. We ended up confessing our feelings for one another and discussed a possible relationship but nothing solid. About a week or two later we discussed it again but that time he said he was not ready for a relationship because the timing was wrong and that there’s girls around. He said being with him right now would lead to heartbreak and he’d rather not hurt me. After he told me this, he still seemed interested, continued to contact me everyday and even flirted with me. Finally, I had enough because I couldn’t bare the confusion nor hurt anymore and let him go. He kept coming back but 5 days ago we had a brutal convo and I told him I couldn’t do any of this anymore with him anymore. However, last night, he contacted me and asked me to forgive him for the other night and if I think he’s hurt me. He apologized and told me that he really misses me and doesn’t want to stop talking to me. I was skeptical that he was using me for emotional support so I asked him about it and if that was all our friendship was... and he said, “No I don’t need that. But you listened, I love you for that.” Then he begged me to start talking to him again. Honestly, we fight all the time and he always comes back to fix things but this time it is different for me. I don’t understand how a person could show so much interest (we would even sleep on the phone together before all the time before we fell out) and do all of this only to not want a relationship. What should I do? Should I be his friend again? Or just leave him completely? Why is he doing this? Men please give your insight.
Updates:
1 d ago
I told him that I need time to think things over and he told me that I’ll always be his friend forever regardless of what I decide.

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Make him understand how you feel about him, and if he rejects the idea of a relationship tell him you can't talk to him anymore for self healing reasons or whatever.

0|0
    0|0
    • 1 d ago

I have trust me... but he doesn’t seem to understand and keeps coming back. I just don’t understand that if you don’t want to be in a relationship with me, why do all of this?

• Show All
    • 1 d ago

He was a great friend to me and I don’t want to lose him tbh... but I love him and want to be in a relationship with him... and being him friend makes me fall deeper.

• 1 d ago

Well that is your choice, dig deeper and hope for the best that may never come, or rip the band aid off and get rid of the stress eventually.

• For the thing between your legs i'm sure you'll get over it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sexual back up.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes